Turbo Fire

Options
Im hoping Santa brings me Turbo Fire and cant wait to start!! (if he doesnt bring it for me, ill get it myself..lol)
Ive tried p90x and insanity, but on a short trial basis as both copies belonged to someone else and i wanted to see which i liked better before making a purchase. I think p90x wasnt really for me, although i did like insanity. A friend of mine swears by the TurboFire though so ive decided to go with her advice, even though i havent "sampled" it.
Can any of you tell me your thoughts on Turbo Fire before i remind santa of my gift wish? I still have time to change my mind to another beachbody program!!
thanks all :)

Replies

• divyamuralidharan
    Options
    I have done Slim in 6 and Turbo jam before, but very sporadically and couldnt really be consistent, but TF changed everything. Its an amazing set of workouts; chalene johnson is motivating, the music is contagious and fun and the results - well, top notch. I have thus far lost 27 pounds with it and extremely happy. I still have miles to go, but I hope to achieve it one day. Most of them vouch for the chalean extreme - TF combo, so, maybe you can mix and match it too. Good luck
  • sal22408
    Options
    I have done Slim in 6 and Turbo jam before, but very sporadically and couldnt really be consistent, but TF changed everything. Its an amazing set of workouts; chalene johnson is motivating, the music is contagious and fun and the results - well, top notch. I have thus far lost 27 pounds with it and extremely happy. I still have miles to go, but I hope to achieve it one day. Most of them vouch for the chalean extreme - TF combo, so, maybe you can mix and match it too. Good luck

aww! Now im even MORE excited!! Youve done so well!~ good for you! Ill check into chalean extreme, thank you so much for your positive thoughts and suggestion! Keep up the Great Work!
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Go for it!
  • baffy91
    Options
    i amm burrently doing the power tower 200, this is starting to get results
    cheers
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is my new love! I am a seasoned exerciser, with plenty of DVDs to my name. TF is my favorite! I've been doing this series for almost four months ( I do mix in other workouts 1-2 days a week) so I'm taking longer to complete the series. Not only have I lost 23 lbs, my overall definition is amazing, especially my abs and arms! And I'm not the slightest bit bored with it. Once you get the moves down, which doesn't take long , it is So. Much. Fun!

You won't regret buying it!
  • sal22408
    Options
    Turbo Fire is my new love! I am a seasoned exerciser, with plenty of DVDs to my name. TF is my favorite! I've been doing this series for almost four months ( I do mix in other workouts 1-2 days a week) so I'm taking longer to complete the series. Not only have I lost 23 lbs, my overall definition is amazing, especially my abs and arms! And I'm not the slightest bit bored with it. Once you get the moves down, which doesn't take long , it is So. Much. Fun!

You won't regret buying it!

Sooo excited to start! Thanks for the feedback!!
    If santa doesnt bring me this ONE thing ive asked for i'll have to get it myself and start later...but man, i want to start Today!!!
  • sal22408
    Options
    ok, so now im really confused! Im looking at reviews for Turbo Fire, and now im thinking Turbo Jam is what i want! Have any of you tried the two different workouts? I feel like sooooo many people are saying not to do TurboFire unless youve done Turbo Jam first.
    Looking at the reviews for Turbo Jam, im just as excited. Any thoughts??
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I never did Turbo Jam and I was perfectly fine with TF. TJ would be good, too, but from what I've read/heard, TF has more variety and better music. Either one would be good.
  • divyamuralidharan
    Options
    it really depends on what your fitness levels are. If you are a beginner to any form of excercise, TJ is a great option. A lot of ppl have lost weight with TJ is what I have read. Somehow, I never did. For somebody who has done TJ before, transitioning to TF will be easy because the moves are the same; the intensity gets high. But, that doesnt mean that you have to do TJ to do TF. All it takes is a week to get used to her moves. There are 11 moves which she calls the elite 11 which are used over and over in her videos. The elite 11 is taught in her learn n burn video of turbo jam. Also, there is a handout explaining the moves.

every TF video has a "New to class" feature which will break down the moves for you. Hope that answers your question.

P.S - TJ is a great workout program, just that I did not get much results out of it, I wasnt as consistent with it as I was with TF.
  • sal22408
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I think ill start with TurboJam and then progress to TurboFire. Im wanting to include my teenage daughter in my workouts and i dont want her to get discouraged. ...nor do i want to :) Ill let ya's know how it goes!! i plan to begin in January ...my diet is very restricted in calories right now due to some health issues and i cant afford to burn what little im taking in but i go through this every year and i know ill be back on track soon!!
  • sal22408
    Options
    Santa brought me TurboJam and shakeology . VERY excited to start my challenge in January!!!!
  • mandalackey
    mandalackey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    haha I guess this is too late since you already got Turbo Jam - I LOVE them both, but love Turbo Fire so much more! I know a lot of my friends that have done Turbo Fire with me, if they haven't had dance experience in the past, it was hard for them to pick up the moves. That being said, it's very "dancy" so if you aren't a dancer and haven't had that experience of trying to pick up and memorize a routine, Turbo Jam will probably be better to start off with. You can get used to Chalean's basic moves and then maybe get Turbo Fire later on! I can't say enough how much I love it though. I'm starting Insanity now, but I'm almost positive there will be days when I won't want to do it and would rather do Turbo Fire (which I'm not sick of in the least and have been doing it for a year) and I will easily be able to switch it out because I think it's almost just as intense as Insanity. Chalean's workouts are all great!! I want ChaLEAN Extreme next!
  • sal22408
    Options
    haha I guess this is too late since you already got Turbo Jam - I LOVE them both, but love Turbo Fire so much more! I know a lot of my friends that have done Turbo Fire with me, if they haven't had dance experience in the past, it was hard for them to pick up the moves. That being said, it's very "dancy" so if you aren't a dancer and haven't had that experience of trying to pick up and memorize a routine, Turbo Jam will probably be better to start off with. You can get used to Chalean's basic moves and then maybe get Turbo Fire later on! I can't say enough how much I love it though. I'm starting Insanity now, but I'm almost positive there will be days when I won't want to do it and would rather do Turbo Fire (which I'm not sick of in the least and have been doing it for a year) and I will easily be able to switch it out because I think it's almost just as intense as Insanity. Chalean's workouts are all great!! I want ChaLEAN Extreme next!

Thanks so much for your thoughts manda! I did get turbojam, and excited to begin ! Im sure ill advance to TurboFire eventually - especially once i learn all the moves !
  • CoachSherrie
    Options
    Hey All,

Well where to begin ;)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chalene! I started out with Turbo Jam in December! AND I LOVED IT!! I went at it HARD!! and got so addicted to Chalene that I got Turbo Fire and ChaLEAN Extreme! And couldn't wait to start them so..... I started a hybid of the two this week and am really enjoying it!
    I LOVE Turbo Fire and can't get enough of it! I'm finding ChaLEAN Extreme a little boring, but will stick it out! I never really did enjoy weight training! I love the upbeat tempo of Turbo Fire though! So when I'm done the hybrid, I will do tthe entire Turbo Fire 20 week schedule. I can't wait! I've never been this excited about working out before!!

Your Fellow Addict,

Sherrie ;)
  • jstrodder
    Options
    Hello All: Does anyone have a rough estimate of how many calories is burned with Turbo Fire? Say the Fire 30 class or Fire 45 EZ or HIIT 15?

Thanks for any clues!
  • sal22408
    Options
    Hello All: Does anyone have a rough estimate of how many calories is burned with Turbo Fire? Say the Fire 30 class or Fire 45 EZ or HIIT 15?

Thanks for any clues!

im really surprised the turbo exercise programs arent already listed on the site...i, too, would like to know!!! i started my 90 beachbody challenge today and id love an accurate figure!
  • jstrodder
    Options
    Given that a person's weight, age, etc., come in to play with the calorie burn, I think the only way may be to get a Body Bugg (24 Hour Fitness) or some other calorie counter. Does anyone know of a similar device to the Body Bugg? Tracking calories to the T and then estimating calorie burn just doesn't seem on in line with the goal of losing weight.
  • AmyMOhio
    AmyMOhio Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am starting Tubo Fire on 2/6/12. I did half the program last year and had AMAZING results. A car accident and sickness stopped me. This week I am doing Turbo Jam to get back into the groove.

I'm new to MyFitness Pal - am using it on my phone. Anyone feel free to add me!