Winter fishing?

Options
Nanadena
Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
Anyone fish in the winter? Ice fishing? Any fishing? Our pond freezes over, so we do not, but I love Ice fishing!

Replies

• MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You can still fish throughout the winter in Colorado, but I usually don't. Some people also love to go ice fishing. I've never done that. It doesn't appeal to me at all. I just can't imagine sitting there freezing to death. If I'm going to be outside in the winter, I want a snowboard strapped to my feet. I've got to admit, though, I was taking a walk along a river the other day, and the water looked so good, I just wanted to grab my fishing pole.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Anyone fish in the winter? Ice fishing? Any fishing? Our pond freezes over, so we do not, but I love Ice fishing!

Ice fishing is awesome....we usually drag a hut out!!! So much fun until you get drunk and drop your favorite nice down the hole like I did!! LOL Or sink a snowmobile like my friend did! LOL
  • aharmeson
    Options
    Oh yeah! here in the south we fish year round some of our best fishing is going on now through janruary.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! here in the south we fish year round some of our best fishing is going on now through janruary.

Nice catch you got there in your profile pic!
  • ssendek
    ssendek Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I ice fish up here in Minnesota. It is always a thrill the first time walking on water!
  • TDSExpress
    Options
    I wish I trusted the ice around here (NJ) because I really miss fishing this time of year, as do my kids. But our Winters can be so inconsistant that it just ain't worth the risk in my mind...and yeah I'm chicken...lol.

Been cleaning the trailer and about to respool the fishing reels...we have a couple trips planned for next month.

Here's to eveyones next fishing trip *raising my coffee*