Just Joined 12th Street Gym: Any other MFP Members go there?

Options
FitFeden
FitFeden Posts: 33 Member
Should say, rejoined 12th Street Gym. Even though I'm happy to start working out again, it's really important to me that my weight loss not come from exercise, but from eating reasonably. My problem in the past is that I've always been really active. I was a college tennis player, practiced judo and bjj, and love yoga. But my eating was always pretty loose and lazy. So what would happen is that when my activity decreased my weight would increase rapidly. Since graduating from law school in '09, getting married, and moving out of Center City, I've gained around 50 pounds. I'm really trying to get back into my physical activities but it's tough with this extra baggage. I'm hoping to keep a nice steady habit of exercise going that will compliment healthy eating and give me the energy I need to enjoy my life, wife, and coming newborn.

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    No gyms for me - my main workout is my bike commute. I got a bowflex for strength training, now all I have to do it actually use it.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I was going to. I'd decided that it was the gym for me because they have so many classes and I was really excited about it. Then I found out they have no payment options that are affordable for me.

So I just joined Planet Fitness.
  • StarrBodies
    StarrBodies Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I teach at 12th St Gym, the Tae Bo class...