help w/calorie count

Options
tobin1
tobin1 Posts: 26 Member
I have been doing ZUMBA every day and when I go to add it to my workout I cant find it so I go with the dancing,areobics.
How r u adding it,i just want to make sure I am using the correct amount of calories.

Replies

• Krystlelogan23
    Options
    Hi I'm krystle but I think that's the best way to log it because that's how I've been logging it also. How are you doing with your zumba?
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com
  • alisonnorth
    alisonnorth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i wear my polar HRM to class everyday and my cals are usually between 500-650 for a 1 hour class. but it's based on my height, weight and age. LOVE my polar- got it at walmart.com and it wasn't too expensive. i know exactly what i burn. no more guessing!
  • tobin1
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA,I do tend to get bored with the music BC I use to attend the class but then I figured it was cheaper to get the Wii game and do it at home to save gas.The music the class used was totally different but oh well.i did order Black eye Peas for me for Christmas just to add some extra dancing.

Best of luck to ya!!!!:glasses:
  • tobin1
    Options
    zumbacalories.com

THANKS
    I went to the site and did the info in and WOW the calories are really higher than what MFP has for dancind etc.The calories that I have been adding from the MFP is lower than the website SO ???????????????????????Do I just continue with MFP or do I start using the website and add the calories burned from what they say??????????????:huh: :huh:
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi! Very timely discussion as I've been wondering how to log the 2 classes I take every week. I've been logging it as "Aerobics, High Impact" for 55 mins and then I log the warm up and cool down as walking a dog pace. I'm going to check out the website and see how it calculates.
  • sh0ortty
    Options
    zumbacalories.com

THANKS
    I went to the site and did the info in and WOW the calories are really higher than what MFP has for dancind etc.The calories that I have been adding from the MFP is lower than the website SO ???????????????????????Do I just continue with MFP or do I start using the website and add the calories burned from what they say??????????????:huh: :huh:
    Hey :) If you know the amount of the calories u burnt u could manually add it . after u add the exercise uve done click on the dancing , ballroom,fast and a little box will pop up it will let u add the calories you burnt. I hope that made sense lol
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    There are several options for this.. I now have an HRM, but before that I put it in as high impact aerobics. . you can also go to www.zumbacalories.com. . and it will give you your burn per your height and weight!
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    There are several options for this.. I now have an HRM, but before that I put it in as high impact aerobics.

You mention an HRM, someone else in this thread mentioned the Polar HRM, and countless other folks are using them --

I had a "Fit Bit" until last weekend - I lost it during my 6-hour leaf raking day. It counted steps and calories burned but it wasn't accurate.

Does anyone know where I can go to research which one to buy? If I'm going to make the investment I want to be sure I get one that's fairly accurate. I'm aware of the Body Bugg and it's yearly subscription. Does anyone know if some are more accurate than others?
    I'd appreciate your insight,
    thx,
    ~C
  • NevergivinupTeya
    Options
    I add the High Impact aerobics as my zumba workout. I wish they would add one.
  • tobin1
    Options
    I decided to just go with the ZUMBA CALORIE COUNT and manually add those numbers in.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have heard others that use an HRM said it is pretty close to zumbacalories.com. Just remember that as you lose weight, your calories burned changes too. I am looking into purchasing an HRM but they are a little pricey. Would really like some opinions about the best bang for the buck!