Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Clothing Size

Options

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My smallest size was an 8 at 140 lbs - I'm 5'9.25" - and my largest is my current size 14 (stretch!) at 190lbs. I'm usually a 11/12 at 160 lbs. I'd like to be back there. However, I've never been very muscular so now that I'm working on strength perhaps I'll be a smaller size at 160.

Edited to add: I've got wide shoulders and more breast than I'd like, so right now I wear a 16/18 on top, at least when it comes to suit blazers.

We have the exact same sizes in our stages of weight gain/loss. Ultimately I would like to get in a lose 10 at 145-150
  • Luinbariel
    Luinbariel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 257, and I fit an 18 or a 20 at some places for pants. So, a waist of about 38 or 40 inches. For tops, usually an XL or sometimes higher, depending on the store.

I can't really remember the last time I was below an 18. I think at one point in high school I was fitting at 16. It's been a REALLY long time. I looked much slimmer then somehow though...
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    290 here and my 24s are getting big, some 22s fit, others not. oh and some 24s don't fit either....I hate clothing sizes.....I remember the smallest I ever fit into in high school, at 140 pounds, was a size 10. that is equal to a size 4 or 6 now....just for perspective.

Sizes have changed, they've grown with our waistline. My daughter is 5'10" and wears a size 1. that would have easily been a 4/5 when I was her age.
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    and in response to your question, I gain and loose all my weight in my hips and thighs, so I typically have 2-3 pant sizes in my closet. It seems that every 5-7 lbs is a pant size for me. Annoying really.
  • Karamonster
    Karamonster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 11 and currently weigh 253 and can wear an 18. But weird thing is when I weighed about 290 three years ago I was still in an 18. My goal is to be in the 190's and hopefully a size 12/14.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I have always been big up top, broad shoulders & large breasted so even at my largest pushing 295bs I was in a UK 22 & now I am 70+lbs down still usually need a UK 18 just to fit over my boobs, if without buttons I can get into a well cut 16 but 18 is more comfortable except the waist is always baggy. I wear alot of gypsy style tops!! :tongue:

On the bottom half though I was in a UK 18/20 at 295lbs but now can get in a normal cut (as in not designer cut) 14. I am all legs with no *kitten* & narrow hips. :noway:

Due to my bone structure though (large) I will never be a UK 10, I am presuming I will eventually get to be a UK14/16 on top & a UK 12 on bottom once I am down to around 175-180lbs.

Will just be nice not to have a roll of stomach fat making everything I wear look crap.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and weigh 125 and am in a size 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XS in tops. My highest weight was 2 days before the birth of my son and that was 205. I wore a 14 right after birth at about 190ish. I breastfed so the weight fell off pretty quickly.

I agree with what others have said in that it depends where you lose the weight. I gain in my hips and thighs and it is tough to lose there. and it is always the last place I lose.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, @ 208lbs and size 14...

When I was 175-180 I was a size 10... that's my goal.
  • slamazon
    slamazon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1 and at my heaviest (245 pounds), I wore a size 18-20. I am now about 183 pounds and wear a 10-12. My goal weight is 170 and I am guessing I will be able to fit into a size 8 ??

I have a big frame too ...
  • MamaLutt
    MamaLutt Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0", weigh 249, and wear an 18. At 155, I wore a 12. A 100 pound difference and only 3 sizes?! It's no wonder I put on so much weight without realizing it. :mad:
  • MollyMeghan5
    MollyMeghan5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and weigh 205lbs and wear a 16. My heaviest is 212 and I was still in a 16 and my smallest was 170 in a 14 and that's what I'm trying to get back to.
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Due to my bone structure though (large) I will never be a UK 10, I am presuming I will eventually get to be a UK14/16 on top & a UK 12 on bottom once I am down to around 175-180lbs.

Hun it IS doable! I'm UK 10 (US 6) on top and 12 (8) in jeans, sometimes a size bigger depending on the shop. I've pretty wide hips but I'm an hourglass so a size S fits my waist.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". My current weight is 191 and I wear a size 12. 12 fits perfectly for my thighs and butt, but it is loose at the waist. At my heaviest (204) I wore a 14. At my smallest (155) I wore a 6. I gain and lose my weight in my thighs and butt with a little in my mid section.

My shirt size is another story. I have a large chest. At a size 12 pant I am still at least an XL. When I was a 6 I was still in about a size L shirt.
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and used to weigh 263 I wore a size 22. Now I'm 211 and wear size 14/16 :)
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and also started at 242lbs in a pant size 18/20 and XL shirts...though I may have needed to be rocking a 2XL :-/
    My lowest weight was 205.8lbs and I was in 16's (I did have a stretchy pair that were 14/16's)
    I'm currently back up to 229.8lbs and let me tell ya, these 16's are NOT comfortable, but dammit they're on LOL
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9'', CW 160 and current size 8. GW 150 puts me at a 6. Sizes have gone way down in the last decade or 20 years because in college I was 163 and a 12!! I am 42 now. I used to always be a size L but now usually buy a medium. I gain weight in my waist and chest, and really would love to be 150 by summer so my dresses will zip up!! Now that its winter, and I wear more pants, about half are too tight!
  • CarBro1
    CarBro1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and 237 wearing an 18. I feel like once I hit 215 or up, I'm a solid size 18, but that I can wear an 18 for all the way to my heaviest weight at 249. It's a magical size. I also feel like 16's are magical the other way. There's only about a 10 lb +/- where a 16 will fit me. I don't know about any size less than that because it's been over a decade since I've been smaller than a 16. My goal is 150 lbs, when I was 150 I recall being a 12/14 which compared to what I'm seeing here in these posts seems to be a little on the large size for that weight. Maybe I'm large framed, or maybe sizing has changed in the last 13 years...
  • miseryhead75
    miseryhead75 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 6', and have weighed upwards of 300 at one point in my life. When I started my journey in May, I was 260, and wore an 18/20. I now weigh 175 (one pound from my lowest adult weight), and fit in 10's, and a few tight 8's, medium shirts. I would like to ultimately lose about 15 more, and then tone up during the summer. I'm a walker, but I can't tolerate the cold!
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 - at my high weight (260-280) I was a size 20. Now I weight 192 and I wear a jean size 12. (I wear low-rise jeans which fall on a thinner part of my tummy, this may be cheating a little - but i'll take it! ;) ) I wear med-large depending on cut and fit. I have always been overweight so I think my fat has been pretty evenly distributed. But my broad shoulders have always made me bigger in fitted tops.

As I have always been heavy, I don't have a "goal size" but I find it interesting to hear everyone elses sizes!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    This bugs me so much! I shorter person will go down a size in 10-15 pounds, but us taller ladies do not! At my heaviest, I was about 215 and a size 16 (I'm 5'11). At my lightest, I was 179 and fit into a couple of size 10's, but mostly 12. I'm currently 188 and between 12 and 14.