P90X to Insanity....

Options
megpapier
megpapier Posts: 60 Member
So I'm almost finished with P90X Doubles and am planning on doing Insanity next. How do they compare?

Replies

• laroycer
    laroycer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl. Those abs are coming along. Keep it up.
  • spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    from what I understand, you will get very toned legs lol, but you wont gain a lot of upper body muscle compared with p90x, its basically very intense bodyweight exercises, i was going to do it but i want to continue focusing on my strength training rather than cardio, but it will certainly boost your fitness levels.
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, Insanity is major cardio. P90X cardio and plyo is nothing compared to Insanity. If you were huffing and puffing during P90X cardio/plyo you will be doing some serious work during Insanity because it is all cardio. It is an awesome program but tough. You do lots of pushups too. It is a fantastic program and I highly recommend it. If you want me to send you some videos that I have access to I'd be more than happy to or if you just want to chat further pop me a message.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a ton of cardio and basically only pushups for upper body BUT the deluxe set comes with an Upper Body Weight Training DVD...it's not on the schedule and I haven't tried it yet but at least it's there :)