holiday mail for heroes

Options
sonybalony
sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
for those who are interested... :-D

Holiday Mail For Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

This is VERIFIED, it is through the Red Cross for American service members... We have sent this way for several years... Don't include return address stuff(not pen pal program), no inclusions in the card(pictures, gum etc) no glitter(medical complication possibilities), can send multiple in box, no envelopes necessary(when they screen for illegal/harmful stuff they take out of envelop anyways)

I personally know 3 soldiers who have received these over the years, they really appreciate them!

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! This is what I love!!! The glitter thing is also for saftey reasons. The glitter can get on uniforms and make our soldiers visible at night to the enemy.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    for those who are interested... :-D

Holiday Mail For Heroes
    P.O. Box 5456
    Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

This is VERIFIED, it is through the Red Cross for American service members... We have sent this way for several years... Don't include return address stuff(not pen pal program), no inclusions in the card(pictures, gum etc) no glitter(medical complication possibilities), can send multiple in box, no envelopes necessary(when they screen for illegal/harmful stuff they take out of envelop anyways)

I personally know 3 soldiers who have received these over the years, they really appreciate them!

So, basically, we send cards with envelopes (not in them) and that is it. And type of card, or just holiday???
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Here's one I got from my adopt a soldier site. You can send a card with a picture and any type of message. This is for wounded soldiers recovering.

When doing your Christmas cards (or any card really) this year, take one card and send it to
    the below address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of
    how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so
    much would get.

A Recovering American Soldier
    c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
    6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
    Washington , D.C. 20307-5001
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Walter reed was closed in September :-( They refused delivery of many "any soldier" ones over the last several years... Walter reed has been "moved" to the naval hospital in Bethesda.

Enjoy making and sending some terrific cards! I know many service members LOVE getting them!

They do not have to be in envelops (holiday mail for Heros)
    Can just be boxed or sent in a large padded envelop (for multiple cards)

Generally holiday cards but I am sure they'd appreciate any nice card

:flowerforyou:
    ~Sonia
  • sonybalony
    Options
    This is from Walter Reed's Facebook Wall...

Walter Reed National Military Medical Center wishes to thank those interested in sending our Wounded Warriors holiday mail. Beginning today, all holiday mail for service members should be sent to the following address:

Holiday Mail for Heroes P.O. Box 5456 Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

... Please note it does not require the name of a specific service member. All cards being sent in for the 2011 Holiday Mail for Heroes program should be postmarked no later than Friday, December 9. Please pass this information along to your friends and colleagues.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    This is from Walter Reed's Facebook Wall...

Walter Reed National Military Medical Center wishes to thank those interested in sending our Wounded Warriors holiday mail. Beginning today, all holiday mail for service members should be sent to the following address:

Holiday Mail for Heroes P.O. Box 5456 Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

... Please note it does not require the name of a specific service member. All cards being sent in for the 2011 Holiday Mail for Heroes program should be postmarked no later than Friday, December 9. Please pass this information along to your friends and colleagues.

Wow, what a shame. Thanks for the info!
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
    Holiday Mail for Heroes sent to the Red Cross must be postmarked by today, but it's not too late to send holiday cards to our troops! Send them to your local VA. To find your local VA, visit http://www.va.gov/