Contestants!

Options
Please bare with me as this is my first challenge that I am running. I have been wanting to do one for months, but never thought people would join. I am completely shocked as to how many people are so motivated. I really appreciate everyone that has signed up and everyone that has agree to help me with being a captain. I could not do this without all of you guys! :heart:

Here are some rules for contestants.
1. Each week, your team captain will come up with a challenge for you to do. TRY your best.
2. You need to submit your weight to your captain each week by Friday. Your captain has to post your info to the spreadsheet starting at 10pm each Friday. Your team captain will let you know exactly what time they would like your weights to them. If something happens to you, and they cant reach a scale, they must give your weights early.
3. If you go MIA, your captain will try to reach out to you, if you do not respond by the weigh in time, you will be moved to the "not the biggest loser" bracket.
4. I would like each team have the same ticker, but that is up to your and your team.
5. You also need to come up with a team name. This is due to me by December 31st, Please take a vote so everyone can have a voice.
6. There will be a challenge that I come up with each week. I will post it every Sunday, along with each teams challenge.

Our first weight in will be almost 2 weeks after we start, just so everyone can push a bit harder and get used to each team. Our first weigh in is January 13th 2012.

I have not decided how we will do eliminations. I am waiting to see how many people we have on each team. There will be challenges that have Immunity, lb advantages and disadvantages, etc.

Also, no one is truly eliminated. If you become "not the biggest loser" you will be in it for the "at home winner" and "fan favorite" (which will really just be the recognition!!) So please do not give up and keep pushing. The real reason we are all doing this is because we want to get healthier and be "BATHING SUIT READY!"

You will know who your team is this weekend and I will post something with each team. I will make each of you of a starting thread this weekend once I figure out your teams. I each of you to add each other and do another introduction here. As I said before, you will have a weekly blog, its best that you guys post on there a few times a week to encourage each other. This way its more private between teams

I hope this helps some. I could not sleep last night because this was all going through my head!

Once again thank you to all my captains and everyone that has joined. I hope you guys are as excited as I am!

Replies

• ang696
    ang696 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! Sounds like a great idea!
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    sounds really good looking forward to starting!
  • Juliette320
    Juliette320 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wasn't this excited to start the year last year(: can't wait to find out my team. I really hope it's the red team (: lol
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the work you're putting into this. I, for one, cannot fathom the creativity and focus you must have to pull something like this off. My hat is off to you!!!! :drinker:
  • mfastdriver123
    Options
    You are amazing at making this happen!!! Many kudos for you :D Get some sleep tonight to make up for last night. You deserve it!!!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    ok got it... I was just thinking HOW is this gonna work! Mel is freaking without details here... :P
  • GirlAnachronismE
    GirlAnachronismE Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If we have to check in at a certain time what happens if people are in different time zones?

Other than that, looks great =)
  • Kelly_2013
    Kelly_2013 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! I am super excited to get everything started!!
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is great!! I cannot wait. Yes, I can see you have been doing alot of thinking about this. Thanks for all your hard work and organizing this. I wish all of us lots of success!
  • Biggest_Loser_2012
    Options
    You can discuss that with your captain, you may just have to have your weight in early.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    I would really like to join if it is not too late. I still have 13lbs to reach my goal weight and get toned so having a challenge for the new year will help me get there.
  • MsWhiteParks
    MsWhiteParks Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I know that you arent sorting the teams until this weekend... but do you know roughly how many will be in each time? x
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this challenge! I need something to kick my butt in gear! I've been on a plateau for a month now!

Angel
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Did I miss the cutoff? :(
  • Mom2Asa
    Mom2Asa Posts: 109
    Options
    I would like to join in
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I want in as well. I hope I didn't miss the cut off.
  • Txncrzy
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
  • ymvestal
    Options
    Thank you for your hard work in putting this together and taking me in after the first cut off. I am excited and casn't wait to see the new me ast the end of this.

Again...THANK YOU!!