What Do You Like About the Treadmill?

Options
thefishers4
thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
What are some of the things that you like about the treadmill? Me, I like that I can change my speed and incline when I feel or I can do a program that is already on the machine. I also like that mine lets you plug in your ipod to it but sometimes I would rather have headphones. I had a pair of headphones but stupid cat eat the cord.

Replies

• andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Me, I like that I can change my speed and incline when I feel or I can do a program that is already on the machine.

That. ^^ I also like how I can walk any time day or night, rain or shine! I can watch tv or listen to my iPod. :smile:
  • 13Natty
    Options
    Wow this group is dead sorry I have not been active. I love the fact that I am upping the speed on the preset 45mins instead of decreasing the speed now. You have to love that!!
  • andyxbear
    Options
    Another thing I like which is really just my experience, is that I usually set myself a goal of walking for 10-20 minutes, but I end up walking 30-60 minutes because don't want to stop! haha

Treadmills are great because you can run, jog or walk. You can set what inclines you want and at what speed is best for your pace.
  • myragardenivy
    Options
    I like my treadmill because it is accessible anytime, day or night, rain or shine. My treadmill is conveniently located behind my recliner sofa, which is in front of my big screen TV. What I like most about my treadmill is that it provides a safe environment for me to walk, jog, or run. What I hate about my treadmill is that I don't use, or love it anymore. My goal is to start a treadmill workout this week, and fall in love with my treadmill again.
    ????
  • myragardenivy
    Options
    Ok I just completed my first treadmill workout. ????Now I love my treadmill again.???? What a convenient way to stay in shape.???? I added wrist weights and ankle weights to increase my load. Even though I weigh more than ever, I feel stronger and more energetic already. My calorie allowance for the day has increased, but I am not even hungry anymore. I had FORGOTTEN that exercise can curb appetite too.????
  • andyxbear
    Options
    Ok I just completed my first treadmill workout. ????Now I love my treadmill again.???? What a convenient way to stay in shape.???? I added wrist weights and ankle weights to increase my load. Even though I weigh more than ever, I feel stronger and more energetic already. My calorie allowance for the day has increased, but I am not even hungry anymore. I had FORGOTTEN that exercise can curb appetite too.????

Great job!
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi, is this group still active?

I love one of. My treadmills btw :)
  • andyxbear
    Options
    Hi, is this group still active?

I love one of. My treadmills btw :)

It's still active. :-)
    I just started to use my treadmill again. It was getting dusty!
  • rachmass1
    Options
    I have a desk over mine and use it so much that the motor needs replacing. Glad the group is still active :)
  • andyxbear
    Options
    I have a desk over mine and use it so much that the motor needs replacing. Glad the group is still active :)

Oh wow!! haha Glad to hear you're getting great use out of your treadmill!
  • rachmass1
    Options
    New motor, roller and belt. Hope to get another 13-years out of this puppy

Walking desks are the bomb!
  • andyxbear
    Options

I saw some of those for the first time while browsing Pinterest. They look dangerous to me, but mostly because I'm very clumsy. lol Are they really that good to use while walking?
  • rachmass1
    Options

I saw some of those for the first time while browsing Pinterest. They look dangerous to me, but mostly because I'm very clumsy. lol Are they really that good to use while walking?

Yes, you get used to it pretty quickly. Yesterday I walked over ten miles at work; today it is just over 6 so far. I typically walk at about 2 miles per hour and a 2% incline. It isn't aerobic, but it is a lot better for you than sitting. The only thing I have a hard time with is handwriting notes, and sometimes talking. But since most of the day is spent researching and typing Word docs, it is great. I love it!
  • andyxbear
    Options

Yes, you get used to it pretty quickly. Yesterday I walked over ten miles at work; today it is just over 6 so far. I typically walk at about 2 miles per hour and a 2% incline. It isn't aerobic, but it is a lot better for you than sitting. The only thing I have a hard time with is handwriting notes, and sometimes talking. But since most of the day is spent researching and typing Word docs, it is great. I love it!

That is amazing! I may have to get one. :-)