Brown

Options
Brown Team
This is your thread!
Please do not forget to post an introduction to your team here and add your team members.
We officially start 3 weeks from today
Who is excited?!?!?
<3 CJ

Username Real Name Age Starting Weight
Shanna41381 Shanna 30 217
Fee2dancesing 26 281.8
Jennysmission Jenny 33 255.7
juleseybaby Julie 37 236.6
Marshalemar Marsha 40 226
Lisa0711 Lisa 23 215
Getitamb Amber 30 207
mamamatushka Christina 40 200.3
Juliette320 Juliette 20 193
Jessicareyes78 Jesicca 33 185.5
Denise H Denise 24 176.4
Chandrajane19 Chandra 30 172
Soulsaver20 Janice 28 166
Run4life21 Ines 40 153
mft2010 Mary 32 146
TheAnonGit Morgan 18 122

Starting Weight as of 11/11/11 3153.3

Replies

• shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Brown Team!! How are you all this morning? I'm Shanna and I'm gonna be your Captain for the challenge.

I'm 30 years old and I live in Central Texas. I"m not married (I have a boyfriend) and i dont have kids (I do have a four legged child Sadie Sue). I lost my Dad and my Grandfather to heart attacks in the last years. It was tough losing both of them, but to lose them so close together was worse. I realized that there are almost no pictures of me with them. I was always hiding from the camera. That is a regret that I will always have now. That and the fear of having a heart attack myself has made me really want to try and lose the weigh for good. No more yo yo-ing back and forth, of falling of the wagon anymore.

I am so excited about the challenge and I hope you are too. Tell us a little about yourselves and why you want to lose weight and lets get ready for this challenge together!

:heart: Shanna
  • Juliette320
    Juliette320 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well hello captain and team mates; I'm Juliette, 20, and from Louisiana. Not married, but plan on not being a "fat" bride. I want to have kids just not until I'm healthy, i struggles with my weight as a kid up until highschool ibwas oddly plump, then my curves came in then after high school I started cosmetology school and got really depressed and gained am few pounds still wasn't at my heaviest. It wasn't until I met my s.o almost 2 years ago and became to comfy around him (so the doctor says) and put on alot of weight. We had a picture taken of us while sitting and that was my slap I'm the face i hated that picture but I've lost 26 pounds with MFP so far; and hope to lose another 30-50 in this challenge. 50 pounds woupd also meet my goal weight of 135. I can not wait for this challenge to start and to get to know all of you (: feel free to add me:D
  • shanna0413
    Options
    I sent out messages to everyone with the details but here is what we need to decide:
    team co-captain
    team name
    team ticker or no?
    weekly team challenges
    dont forget weighs ins are friday mornings-email me your weigh ins-if your gonna be late send it to me early

lets take the brown team all the way!!! :drinker:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Lisa, I live in north Georgia, and I'm 23. I'm not married, but I have a boyfriend I've been dating over 6 years.

Weight has always been an issue for me.. starting in elementary school I was one of the bigger kids, then it carried on through middle school and high school til I got up to 215. Finally in 9th grade I lost about 30 pounds and was really happy with the way I looked. I stayed around 180 for a year until i met my boyfriend and put on about 70 pounds!!! The combination of getting comfortable and not having a scale did a number on me. 246 was my highest, and I decided I'd had enough. Over 2 years, I lost another 50 pounds and got into the low 190s, but since I graduated college this year and was very stressed about trying to find a job, I regained about 20 pounds. It's so aggravating because I've been there already and know what I should do!! I'm still way under my highest weight though, so that's good. But I can't wait to see the scale way under my lowest adult weight (which was 176 right around my 16th birthday)! Getting to my goal weight has been something I've always wanted so badly, but never succeeded at. Most of the time if I set my mind to something, I can acheive it and I don't see why this should be any different!

Right now my 14s are snug, in the lower 190s 12s fit me good, and ultimately I want to be in a size 4/6. 154 or so is my goal.

I'm excited about this challenge!
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    Hello! I'm Morgan. I'm from Michigan and I'm 18.

I have always been the short, chubby girl. My nickname all through middle and high school was oompah loompah. I have a really slow metabolism due to a growth hormone deficiency and bad genes. My entire family is overweight. I want to be the one to finally break the chain. I'm at 122 right now, and my goal is to get down to somewhere from 90-95 pounds. I'm only 4'9", so 122 looks like a lot on me. Or perhaps I just carry my weight poorly, I'm not sure which it is.

My lowest weight was 98 pounds. I was suffering from anorexia when I was 14. Luckily I was able to catch myself before it became life threateningly severe. My freshman year of high school was not a great one.

I joined MFP about six months ago, but I fell off the bandwagon. I was able to convince myself to hop back on though, and now I'm here with a vengeance! I can't wait to begin!
  • fee2dancesing
    Options
    Well hello brown team! My name is Frankie. I'm 26 and married for 5 years with no kids. My goal is to get back to my high school weight of 140-145 since at that time my asthma wasn't a problem. During my first year of college the weight started creeping up until today where I'm 281. In November, my husband and I decided that we were tired of being tired and vowed to make a change. So we signed up to MFP and started watching our food and working out more. Within a month I have lost 9 lbs and look forward to that number increasing. The overall goal is to loose 100 lbs in a year. I look forward to seeing everyone get closer to their goal and support each other along the way. We're all in this together.

Happy losing every one!
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello Brown team!!
    I am Denise and I turned 24 years old today :glasses:
    I am the mom to a newly turned 4 year old ( Nov. 28th) and I have a wonderful SO. So wonderful that I gained 75lbs when I was pregnant. :blushing: Too many pregnancy cravings/wants were met and taken care of by him. Anything I wanted to eat, he got for me. I literally took eating for two literal. lol
    It took me 3 years to finally decide to do something about all the weight I gained. My SO never once complained about my size and now looking back, I wish he would have. Maybe then I would have started this weight loss journey sooner. My goal weight for now is 150-155. I still need about 20-25lbs to reach it. Hopefully, I will by the end of this.
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Shanna..where in central texas we just moved back to utah from WACO!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Wahoo I finally made it....had a hard time getting it to let me in..but finally was approved LOL

I'm Jenny ill be 33 on Tuesday, I've been married almost 8 years we have 4 AMAZING kids, Lacie 12, Lucas 6, Liberty (birdie) will be 5 in Jan and Londyn turned 1 yesterday!!

Seems like i've been trying to lose weight forever my whole life actually I've always been big and I really really just want to be normal!! I to hate taht I'm in NO pictures iwth my family and I dont want my kids or me or grandkids to look back and me not be in any of the pictures!!

We lived in Waco, TX for the last 6 years and just moved back to Utah where I grew up I'm currently not working except for 4 kids and going to school I also help 2 days a week at our gym daycare..can't wait to get started with yall!! Feel free to add me!!
  • shanna0413
    Options
    Jennysmission- I'm in Temple Tx ! lol not that far from you.
  • shanna0413
    Options
    I posted a blog about picking a team name. Be sure to check it out and leave your suggestions. I would like to vote on a team name this weekend. Have a great night guys.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am Julie, or - Jules... I will answer to both. I am 37... married for 15 years... 3 children. I have been overweight since I hit puberty. Friggin hormones. BAH! I had a couple of 'a-ha' moments last year. First - I had to travel for business. It was the first time I had been on a plane in years. I had to get a seatbelt extender. That was mortifying all by itself - but then there was also the reaction of the jerkwad next to me. :frown: Second - and most eye-opening... There was local woman that needed a kidney transplant. My blood type matched. I filled out all the paperwork. Then I got to this section about weight. I discovered that you cannot donate organs if you are considered morbidly obese. I could not help this woman and it broke my heart. What if that had been my child? Or a relative?

So - I decided to make a change. I found MFP through my sister (THANK YOU SIS!!) and I found Zumba (THANK YOU INFOMERCIALS!!!). I am now an MFP and Zumba addict! That in addition to the family, full-time job, and working on finishing my degree has me very busy now!

I plan to lose at least 86 more pounds. I would like to get most of this done by June 2012. I will have a 20 year HS reunion and in December 2012 I am going on my 2nd cruise. I have no illusions about a bikini but I would like to at least look decent in a one piece!

LET'S DO THIS THANG!!!
  • shanna0413
    Options
    Jules that is an amazing thing that you were about to do for that woman. Makes me proud that you are my mfp friend and on my team! We are gonna kick some butt!!
  • shanna0413
    Options
    Posted 2 more blogs. Can you guys subscribe to my blog? That is oging to be our main for of communication for the challenge. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Posted 2 more blogs. Can you guys subscribe to my blog? That is oging to be our main for of communication for the challenge. Thanks :flowerforyou:

how do we subscribe to it, i cant see your profile if thats were its at! I requested to be your friend yesterday!
  • shanna0413
    Options
    thats weird i sent you one sunday. and i just got ur request now. i love computers lol
  • Juliette320
    Options
    Where is the rest of the brown team?
  • shanna0413
    Options
    Thats what Im saying. Come on brown team lets post our intros so we can all get to know each other. This is Juliette 320 your team co-captain! Yea!! to subscribe to the blog just click on mine and go to subscribe under the picture on the right. Go Brown Team!! Gonna start the vote for our name tomarow. Look for the blog on it.
  • Juliette320
    Options
    Lol I wrote that before I was co captain but still we need to get some introductions and get to know each other so we can see who we have to push harder and everything. I know we all have different goals but we all we be having the same challenges to complete.

Did you add everyone or just everyone on this forum who has posted so far?
  • shanna0413
    Options
    i sent request to everybody. most of them added me but so far not many responses to emails, posts or blogs. Not sure what we need to do in order to get everyone going?