Orange

Options
Orange Team
This is your thread!
Please do not forget to post an introduction to your team here and add your team members.
We officially start 3 weeks from today
Who is excited?!?!?
<3 CJ

Username Real Name Age Starting Weight
Boehle Julie 29 219
170isreal Asteria 27 315.5
Mcdear Megan 33 266
Denik71 Denise 40 239
katisabanana Kat 20 229.6
JayelleC Jamie Lyn 26 219.4
sundancer1966 Barb 45 211
TnVolsfan74 Trish 37 203
Chebrielouise Chebri 197
tcheyemi Chelsea 18 188.5
Lizziebaba Liz 18 181
MollyDukes Molly 28 175
jlelliott2004 Jennifer 30 170
Kate2004rock Katie 25 162.8
Kimziebaby Kimberly 20 156
Murphy15 Michelle 28 151.4
Rentrikin Rhonda 54 137

Starting Weight as of 11/11/11 3421.2

Replies

• kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yay!
    Glad our teams are up. Proud to say i'm with the amazing people who also wear orange. :P
    I'm going to start adding you guys right now.
    Let's do this! :)
  • JayelleC
    JayelleC Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I am really excited to be beginning this challenge.
    I had a really successful summer losing weight and I have been slacking quite a bit. I know that this challenge will help motivate me to reach my goals this year.

A little bit about me,
    I just turned 26 yesterday :)
    I have been happily married for over 3 year but have been with my husband since I was 15 :)
    I returned to school this year to finish my last year of the Social Work Program and I will be graduating in April with my Honours in Social Work. I am pretty excited to be accomplishing this goal.
    I have struggled with my weight since I was in grade school. I have been "skinny" once in my life before I met my husband. I have been trying to lose weight for the last 10 years but have actually just gained more weight each year :(. I am no longer focused on losing weight as much as I am focused on getting in shape and fit. My fitness goals are ulimately to lose weight, but I want to improve my health. I hope to start a family in the next few years and I want to be able to work out and be fit during my pregnancy as much as possible :)

I look forward to meeting you all. I will start adding you, but feel free to add me as well!

Jayelle
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Yay team Orange!!

As we know, I am your captain.
    I am hoping its more like a team challenge then me saying exactly what everyone needs to do

We do need to figure out a team name, and who the co-captain will be.
    Any suggestions on either?
    I will be posting blogs soon, so lets put ours heads together.

We also have a team challenge to turn in by december 31s, anyone know what theyd like their team challenge to be?
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Orange!!! I'm very excited about this challenge - it will be my first MFP challenge. Can't wait to get started! Using a phrase that is common in my state (TN) Go Big Orange! :)
  • boehle
    Options
    Grr, for some reason, it wont let me post a picture here.

orange.jpg

All we do is change the IMG to a little img right?
    Its saying that it has been moved or deleted
  • tnvolsfan74
    Options
    Wish I could help, but I have never added a photo.
  • tnvolsfan74
    Options
    Here are some facts about the color orange (THE best color)! Might be helpful in developing our team name - but I thought this was fun and interesting:

"Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation.

To the human eye, orange is a very hot color, so it gives the sensation of heat. Nevertheless, orange is not as aggressive as red. Orange increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity. As a citrus color, orange is associated with healthy food and stimulates appetite. Orange is the color of fall and harvest. In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance."
  • JayelleC
    Options
    I will give it a try...hmm..tried it and it says that the image has been moved.

When posting an image - you need to post IMG in small letters.

I am not sure why it is saying the image has been moved unless you moved it/deleted it? Try re-adding maybe the photo to photobucket? Perhaps it is too big of a picture. I think it has to be resized to approximately 500 by 300 something?

Jayelle
  • boehle
    Options
    I was watching this weeks Biggest Loser and thought Id share this.

http://walk.walgreens.com/

I am going to join it.
    It def will be a bit difficult since we are getting ready to start winter in Ohio!
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi team orange!!! I hope we all become good buddies. I am very excited and wish much success to everyone. I am going to try to add all of you as friends but if I miss someone please befriend me Rhonda
  • 170isreal
    170isreal Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello Team!!!! I am excited about our journey together, so I have never done a challenge like this so what should I expect??
  • jenihall31
    jenihall31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm Tennessee Grad :)
  • Denik71
    Denik71 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yay Orange Team!

:smile:
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Oramge...Can't wait to get started:happy:
  • lizziebaba
    Options
    Hey Orange, what WHAT!!! Lol

I'm super pumped for this challenge. We can do it!

Feel free to add me, fellow orange team.

But yeah. I'm with 170 is real... never done something like this before. What should i expect? :D

Thanks
  • mcdear
    mcdear Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    wooohoooo GO orange
  • jenihall31
    jenihall31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm super pumped Orange Team! This is my first MFP challenge. Let's win this thing!:smile:
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Woohoo Orange Team -- Sorry my response is a little delayed, they're laying the expectations on thick at work here before the end of the year---but I am super focused.

And I need some ideas for low-impact workouts---my knees are killing me from C25k...and I'm super bummed!
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    Yay! I'm super excited. GO BIG ORANGE!!! (or little orange :) )
  • JayelleC
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Just checking in! I have my final exam tomorrow so I will be all done for Christmas. I am looking forward to getting back into a routine, especially as exercise is concerned.

I noticed that we need to come up with our name, a co-captain and our first challenge and a picture by January 1, 2012.

Any suggestions? I am not that creative so I have none :P

Jayelle