Holidays coming up.....

Options
radicalmom
radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
How's everyone feeling about the upcoming holidays?

Replies

• sosborne73
    Options
    I didn't do too bad for Thanksgiving but, I could have done better. Christmas Eve will be my hard time.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda dreading Christmas for that very reason. It will be bad enough to get through all the family foods, but on top of that we're also going on a family trip to a hot destination which means all-you-can eat buffets.

Good Lord, I'm in trouble.
  • sosborne73
    Options
    So, where are you going on your family trip? Sounds nice for the holidays though. I am used to always being with my family.
  • AOKnight
    Options
    Hi!
    I just joined this group and am excited to be apart of it! I work 40 hours/week at a sit-down desk job. When I get home, between chasing a one year old and keeping hubby happy, time restraits are def. in play. I want to work on cooking healthier meals for my family. I try to work-out 3/week. I find it's easier just to take the baby and dog with me on a run than to leave them at home.
    The holidays were good, did LOTS of eating- so now, of course like the rest of America, I am trying to lose the weight right away. I am trying to be good, avoiding fatty office foods, but bake to relieve stress. My golden rule of thumb, "Don't eat what you bake", otherwise I'd be about 400 pounds right now.
    I also recently quit smoking cigarettes, so I was worried about gaining weight from that (it's been almost 4 weeks now), but the weight gain is not bad. Just need people to keep me motivated and on track and visa versa!

Feel free to drop me a line and say hi!
    Amy
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    So, where are you going on your family trip? Sounds nice for the holidays though. I am used to always being with my family.

Not sure. Looking for the best deal (although they're hard to come by at this time of year. Very expensive to travel). We'll be here for Christmas and hope to be back for New Year's. I could never leave my extended family on Christmas either.
  • sosborne73
    Options
    Hi Amy! It is nice to meet you. I haven't been eating very good either. I am going to pick 1 thing to work on a week instead of trying to overload myself all at once. Add me if you like.
  • sosborne73
    Options

Not sure. Looking for the best deal (although they're hard to come by at this time of year. Very expensive to travel). We'll be here for Christmas and hope to be back for New Year's. I could never leave my extended family on Christmas either.

I totally understand. Me and my hubby like taking weekend getaways every couple of months. It is really nice just to get away but, not long enough to really cost alot.
  • radicalmom
    Options
    Hi Amy, Good shop on not smoking! That is probably the very best thing you can do for your health. You would have to gain 50 pounds to have it have the same cardiovascular effect. It is hard to see that when you are young. I smoked for 15 years and found it very hard to quit. I was so worried about weight gain. In the end I gained 5 pounds (that was a long time ago) but it was worth it. I am much more physically fit and healthy since I quit smoking. No one believes me now that I was a smoker.
  • radicalmom
    Options
    Oops I meant good job on not smoking!
  • radicalmom
    Options
    Wow. If my lifestyle was always like last weekend, I don't think it would be very good for my fitness or my health. I enjoyed ate a litttel of everything in moderation. Except....cookies....those are my weakness..especially right out of the oven.