Introduce Yourselfs

Options
Would love to see everyone introduce themselves as they join :)

Replies

• wendi0719
    wendi0719 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My name is Wendy! I have been an army wife for the last 12 years and currently we are at Ft. Campbell, Ky. He is currently deployed but i see an end in sight! We have 2 children and i havent been able to shed the weight from having them. I need all the support and encouragement i can get!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Welcome Wendy!

My name is Lauran I'm 21, my husband is in the marines and currently deployed in Afghanistan. I'm staying with my parents while he is deployed but our home base is Camp Pendleton, CA and I can't wait to get back to the sun!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    I am Jenny, my husband is in the navy on submarines. I have been married for 6 1/2 years, we have 2 children daughter who is 5 (she was born on our 1 year wedding anniversary) a son who just turned 2 this month :) I am now 29 years old. I am from RI my husband from TX we met when he was in A school in CT. We now live in CT, but have lived in VA and ME also :) He is on shore duty till next summer then will be going back on a submarine. Glad to find this group :) I lost weight on WW in the past when I was 21 before meeting him then after my daughter I lost all the weight again. Then before I had my son I gained 25 to 30 pounds on the meds I was put on and then got pregnant with my son. After having him I lost 30 of the 35 I gained with him very quickly. Then my father got sick with pancreatitus a week after my daughters 4th bday. He has almost died in 07 from heart failure so we were worried he got through it after being months in the hospital in ICU (which I basically lived there and ate my feelings) then we found out he had a 9cm aneurism in his aort valve which would be fixed when he was 100% from the pancrentitus which happened from a gallbladder stone getting stuck in a duct. He was home fro a week and the aneurism in his aorta valve burst. He died on the operating table Nov 12 2010. It has been a year since then and I have finally got my motivation back on DEC 5h to actually lose this weight for me and for him, so i dont leave my kids early. I was diagnosed with High blood pressure and metabolic syndrome which messes up my insulin so on meds to help that so weight lose wont be imposable. She said it was hindering it when i was trying before to lose weight. Ok sorry for writing my whole life story lol

Lauran- when my husband deployed I also spent time at my parents house it def helps specially seeing as it was the 1st deployment and my daughter was young :)
  • shayb4
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    I am Shay. My husband is in a Marine reserve unit in Chattanooga, TN about to be deployed to Morocco. We've been married 2.5 years and have two children. Our oldest turns two on this month and our little man is 10 months old today! Love having the support and understanding of other military wives while I finally loose this baby weight! :)
  • CassOfAllTrades
    CassOfAllTrades Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cass. Hubby is a pilot in the army, currently deployed to Afghanistan. I'm back at Ft. Wainwright, Alaska with our three kids- a daughter, 5 (we also had her on our 1 year anniversary), and two sons who turn 1 and 4 this month. I'm about 5 lbs from my goal weight, but I do plan to reevaluate at that point... I may want to lose an extra 5 lbs.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Tanya. I'm army vet and now "just" a spouse. I have 2 wonderfully army brats that I'm raising currently at Fort Drum NY. Ive lost 50lbs so far but I'm working on loosing my belly. My next goal is a half marathon in May. I'm trained up to 10 miles so almost there!!!
  • oOLiveYourLifeOo
    Options
    Hey everyone - my name is Callie. I am a Navy fiance. My Seabee is stationed at the NCBC in Gulfport, MS, and I am from here. We have been together for a year now and are planning on getting married September 1, 2012, following his homecoming. He will be deploying to Afghanistan soon and this will be our first deployment together. He has a 1 year old daughter and we do not have any children together (yet) but she is my entire world.

I have been overweight for most of my life and my family has not really helped at all. My fiance has been my driving force but here lately, I've just been giving up. My highest weight was around 320 lbs back in 2008 and now I am at 242 lbs. I've done a good job in the past few years, but I want more for myself. I am an insulin dependent diabetic, but if I drop at least 60 pounds, I will just need maintenance insulin and not the heavy doses I am taking now. It's difficult to keep up with a healthy lifestyle, but I am hoping that this deployment can help me start it!
  • skip100
    Options
    Hi All!!

I am looking for a support system. I have been with my hubby on the east coast for about a year. This is my first time far away from home. It has taken a bit of getting use to. I heard that when you get stationed somewhere new, you spend the first year hating it, the second year thinking it is okay, and the third year falling in love with it ....just before you get re-stationed and start all over!! Is this true???

Skip
  • tpillai
    Options
    Hey Skip, I have been a spouse for 3 years now and a life long military brat before that and my best advice is to make the most of every duty station. It is hard to move around so much and yes when you are starting to feel settled that is about the time that you will move, but if you arrive at a base with a negative attitude then your time there will be miserable. I am currently living in Germany and I have met many wives who hate it here, but they sit in there house and never go anywhere or even leave the base so they don't have friends and they feel disconnected. It is important to get involved in your community, volunteer if you can...especially with orgs like USO and join your local spouses club. This will help you to meet other women like you and it will make your experience so much better. Look at each new base as a new adventure and chance to start fresh it is a hard lifestyle to adjust to, but eventually you will adjust and someday when you are no longer moving around you might even miss it!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I hated Camp Pendleton for about 2 months before falling in love with it. It probably depends on how different the area you are stationed is from home :)
  • WanderLaura
    Options
    Hi everyone!! :) I'm Laura and I am brand new at this! :) My husband joined the army back in July and left for BCT in August. He's in AIT right now and i miss him like CRAZZZY!! We don't have any kids, but we have 2 beautiful dogs! :) They keep me sane while he's gone! I am working on losing the other half of the weight that I so easily packed on in college! ;)

I love to run, but it's actually getting kind of old, so I'm joining the gym on Monday and since I'm not working right now, I'm making it my business to work out! lol! I'm going to try to burn a solid 1500 everyday (under supervision of my dr. of course.) My eating habits have gotten OUT OF CONTROL since my sweet love was home for Exodus! ;) I let him eat whatever he wanted, of course, and ate most of those things along with him. whoops.

But anyway... I'm ready to be skinny and fit like him. lol!! LET'S GO!
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I am Arielle, I'm 21 and I've been married to my soldier for about a year now. He's been enlisted for 6.5 years and will have 8 by the end of this contract (if he really gets out). We just finished a big move. He was originally at Fort Bragg and reenlisted in 2011 to move to Fort Hood. Because of the Airborne status, he was recalled back to Fort Bragg so he is now living there, and I am still living in Texas working on my double degree for Christian Ministry and Art Education EC-12.

We're getting ready for his deployment in a couple of weeks. (Not quite sure why I decided the deployment time would be the best time to spaz my body out lol!!) I'm hoping to lose about 45lbs - I want to be at a healthy be BMI and get out the terrifying "obese" section.
    Probably the roughest things we go through is the separation and so many things we can't control. But I can control my weight if I stick to it!
  • acop111
    Options
    Hello, my name is Amy. I am 33 years old. Right now we a currently in Ft. Hood Tx. In Dec. we will be going to Ft. Leonard Wood Missouri. I'm starting to get a little nervous. We have 3 kids ages 16, 7, and 5. I am a stay at home mom but thinking about rejoining the work force after the move. I have been struggling with my weight for about 2 years now. Finally I decided that is was time to stop whining and take action. We are starting a new chapter in our lives and I would to look good, feel great, and be happy confident.
  • FitMommaD
    FitMommaD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi!
    i've been a navy spouse for 14 years and i was in the Army Guard for over 6 years. i'm also an army brat so i've seen the military from several different view points. we have 3 kids (11.5yo boy, 9yo girl and a 1yo boy) and i homeschool the oldest 2. i am also in school earning my BS in Health Sciences. I found a passion for weight loss, nutrition and fitness a few years ago when i first started my own weight loss journey. now i'm all about helping others. i am just maintaining not really trying to loose any more.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm an Army wife. My husband is stationed at Fort Carson, CO. We live in Colorado Springs. I lost 30 lbs last year then regained it after meeting my husband and leaving my martial arts training in Texas. I'm on track again and so excited to finish this time.

Always looking for new friend and workout partners.

Brittany
  • usmclove4
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Kayla, I am 19 years old and I am a USMC girlfriend. My Marine is a reservist out of Buffalo, New York. We have been with each other for two and a half years and he is my one and only. He loves me no matter what, but I joined this website so that I can lose weight and be the prettiest I can for him. He is so active and he works out a lot and it makes me feel terrible about myself lol. Just looking for some support and girls who knows what this feels like! :)