Alternate Tracking?

Options
jalara
jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
I was wondering if anyone alternates tracking between MFP and WW?

Replies

• carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I used to track both sites. I found that the point system would not be accurate for the weekly points/activity points unless I tracked every day on the WW site. I have transitioned to using MFP exclusively for tracking. My rationale (much to the dismay of my WW leaders) is two fold. First and foremost I must track sodium and sugar intake per my doctor's advice. I am not able to complete this task on WW. Secondly, the food database is so much better on MFP than WW.

I tracked both sites for awhile, but it got exhausting. I am losing weight, and was within WW points, so I eventually dropped the WW tracking.
  • dreamjo
    dreamjo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I track both. I use MFP on my phone and online to track and I also use my 3 month WW tracker to keep up with points and an easy go to guide for foods I eat a lot for point values.
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I use MFP and WW to track. WW lets me eat a lot more than MFP. I have to exercise quite a bit to eat more than 2 times a day with MFP because MFP gives me 1200 calories. So, I have to burn at least 700 to 1000 calories to eat as much as WW gives me without working out. So I am trying to adjust between the two. I am notorious for not eating; so, I don't think it is healthy to go back to eating 2 meals a day on days I don't exercise.

How do you guys merge the two sites?
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP Dec 1st and I'm still using it and my good ol' paper tracker! I think MFP is more user friendly for tracking and as PP said you can track sodium, sugar and for me calorie intake is important too. I think MFP is helping me to eat better quality foods. I feel like the two work very well together. WW for the plan and MFP for the tracking is the way I'm doing it!
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My doctor stated that I should eat 1200 calories on a day I don't workout. 1500 calories on a day that I do workout. This matches the calorie counting for MFP. I wonder how many calories that we are eating with WW because fruit and vegetables are free.