Captains!

Options
Here is the list of captains and their colors.

Sheepcat - Red
DroidPS08 - Blue
Boehle - Orange
Jamesmommy0806 - Green
Ladychi306 - Yellow
Knighty - Black
TJ435 - White
Ktjones3 - Purple
Shanna41381 - Brown
Ranewell - Pink

Please bare with me as this is my first challenge that I am running. I have been wanting to do one for months, but never thought people would join. I am completely shocked as to how many people are so motivated. I really appreciate everyone that has signed up and everyone that has agree to help me with being a captain. I could not do this without all of you guys! :heart:

Captains, if you have not, please make sure you have emailed me your gmail account address.

Here are some rules for captains.
1. Each week, you must think of a team challenge. You will email me at biggest.loser.12@gmail.com with what your team challenge is, a picture of the challenge (ie, if it is 100 situps, you must find a picture of someone doing or looking like they are doing a situp). This is due every Saturday at noon. Please label it with your team color and challenge week. If you not what you are going to have your team do, you can send them whenever. Example of the subject line, Orange Team - Week 2 challenge.
2. You will submit your teams data no later then Saturdays at noon, no earlier then Friday at 10pm. (on the spreadsheet, only put in their current weight under that day and the lbs loss, the xls will formulate the rest)
3. You must have each of your teams email you their weights. (if something happens to a team member, and they cant reach a scale, they must give you their weights early.
4. You will post a blog each week under your account, and it can include a picture, of what your teams weekly challenge is. This is due every Friday night or early Saturday morning.
5. If you do not hear from a team member or see them being MIA, please email them or leave them a comment. If they completely miss a weigh in without contacting you, please highlight their name in your team color because they will be moved to the "not the biggest loser" bracket.
6. As for the tickers, it would be nice to see each team have their own ticker, but some people like to keep their own ticker. This is your call as you are the captain. Your ticker will be a bit different, it needs to say captain on it.
7. You also need to come up with a team name. This is due to me by December 31st, Please take a vote so everyone can have a voice.
8. You must have a co-captain. How ever you come up with the team captain is up to you. Maybe each team will vote on it. This is because if you are out sick or decide you need to leave, we need someone that can take over. This is due by December 31st and it must be emailed to me, along with their gmail account. They will only be able to edit the spreadsheet if something happens.

You will know who your team is this weekend and I will post something with each team. I will make each of you of a starting thread this weekend once I figure out your teams. Please encourage them to add each other and do another introduction here. As I said before, you will have a weekly blog, its best that you guys post on there a few times a week to encourage each other. This way its more private between teams

If you have changed your mind about being a team captain, or do not think you can handle it, please let me know asap. I will not be mad and you can def still be apart of this!

I hope this helps some. I could not sleep last night because this was all going through my head!

Once again thank you to all my captains and everyone that has joined. I hope you guys are as excited as I am!

Replies

• shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This is gonna be so much fun!!! I just hope I dont screw up lol
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome. I just wanna make sure I understand this...will
    We also have overall challenges? Or does each team come up
    With their own? Also, should these be only exercise challenges? Or can they also be a nutritional challenge? Thanks!!!
  • Biggest_Loser_2012
    Options
    I will be coming up with a challenge for everyone to do
    You will also come up with another challenge for just your team to do

Make sense?

The challenge you make each week is totally up to you, whether its exercise or nutrition or a mixture
  • knighty
    Options
    ok so, mail u a gmail email. then dec 31s mail u team co captain, team name, and week 1 challenge and blog link? will each team have there own discussion board on this forum as well? so we have somewhere besides blog to chat?
  • Biggest_Loser_2012
    Options
    Yes

By December 31st, I need to know who your team captain is, team name and the first 1st weeks challenge/pic.

I will make each of you a thread this weekend under the group
  • TheLongRunner
    Options
    Makes perfect sense! TY
  • TheLongRunner
    Options
    How long is this challenge? When does it end?
  • Biggest_Loser_2012
    Options
    April 27th
  • shanna0413
    Options
    Any other captains having trouble getting responses from their teams? I have a few people who have responded. I have done email, blogs, posts. Not sure what else to do. Any advice? I'm feeling bad for all the people that want to join that dont have teams and here I am so pumped to do this and some of my team just doesnt seem to be. Can I volenteer to take on more people who want to participate lol
  • TheLongRunner
    Options
    Shanna:

I have had a few responses....but I am not feeling the love either lol. I have yet to have anyone volunteer to be a co-captain and very few ideas for challenges. I am hoping people get more excited as time gets closer...but at this point, I feel I have only connected with a few people....
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I would love to join if there is space available. I posted my stats on one of the other threads before I realized entry had been closed. Please message me if I can substitute for someone who does not respond!
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Good information, I can't wait to get started and just clarifying the contest is from January 1st until April 27th?
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    My teams is almost all counted for except for about 3 people. I will give them a few more days then I will bug them, ha ha ha. What kind of ideas for names do you other Captains have? Are you adding your team colour in it? I have posted some ideas to my team and only got a few responses. I do have a Co-captain though, which is great!!
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    Good information, I can't wait to get started and just clarifying the contest is from January 1st until April 27th?

Yes from Jan 1 - April 27th!!
  • shanna0413
    Options
    I finally have a co-captain and we are voting on our name tomarrow. But eveb she is asking where is our team at? We have heard from less than half still. And they are getting bugged lol. Hope we have a great challenge!!!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I'm the co-captain of the Purple team! :) and I just wanted to say something quickly,

I have ran 3 decent sized challenges on this site over the past year. They went on for 3 month spans (just like this one) and usually started with over 100 people, and by the end only about 15-20 max were still involved. I did a great job trying to keep everyone involved. I sent out messages every few days, kept up on an awesome spreadsheet, came up with workouts to do got EVERYone's email and kept in contact that way and even made a facebook group to go along with it.

I think it's about the person and whether or not that *really* take this seriously or just want to sign up as a knee-jerk reaction to being on MFP. We should expect more than half of these people to fall off the face of the earth. So we should have alternates, or back-ups? It'll be impossible to tell who's going to disappear.. one team may get royally screwed. So all these extra people, if they really are willing to wait around until April, may be able to be added to a team as people drop off. I totally am not a pessimist and I hope EVERYone follows through but in my experience organizing challenges, it's not likely. BOO! We can't make anyone change or want to change. We can just provide knowledge, a fun medium and support!! =)

just my 2 cents :)

Kerri
  • ktjones3
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I'm the co-captain of the Purple team! :) and I just wanted to say something quickly,

I have ran 3 decent sized challenges on this site over the past year. They went on for 3 month spans (just like this one) and usually started with over 100 people, and by the end only about 15-20 max were still involved. I did a great job trying to keep everyone involved. I sent out messages every few days, kept up on an awesome spreadsheet, came up with workouts to do got EVERYone's email and kept in contact that way and even made a facebook group to go along with it.

I think it's about the person and whether or not that *really* take this seriously or just want to sign up as a knee-jerk reaction to being on MFP. We should expect more than half of these people to fall off the face of the earth. So we should have alternates, or back-ups? It'll be impossible to tell who's going to disappear.. one team may get royally screwed. So all these extra people, if they really are willing to wait around until April, may be able to be added to a team as people drop off. I totally am not a pessimist and I hope EVERYone follows through but in my experience organizing challenges, it's not likely. BOO! We can't make anyone change or want to change. We can just provide knowledge, a fun medium and support!! =)

Kerri

I agree. I'm the captain of the same team (purple) and some people that are on the team have not contacted me or wrote on the thread. I've sent messages to those people and I'm going to give it a few more days, but I don't want them waiting around until they FEEL like it. I like organization and I would like to know who to keep up with and who not to. I vote once people miss 2 weigh ins they should be dropped completely from the group (unless they contact us explaining why) and then we can add someone who actually wants to participate in their place.
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    Hi guys!

Kerri

I agree. I'm the captain of the same team (purple) and some people that are on the team have not contacted me or wrote on the thread. I've sent messages to those people and I'm going to give it a few more days, but I don't want them waiting around until they FEEL like it. I like organization and I would like to know who to keep up with and who not to. I vote once people miss 2 weigh ins they should be dropped completely from the group (unless they contact us explaining why) and then we can add someone who actually wants to participate in their place.

I am the captain of the Violet team and I have been in contact with all but one person on my team. We are in the middle of voting for a team name. I hope people take this seriously. For those on your team that don't respond to you by Dec. 30th, I would drop them as there are tons of people who still want to be in on this challenge after CJ closed it. If I don't hear from the last person I am waiting for by then I will be asking to replace that person.

Melanie
  • knighty
    Options
    im missing about 5 people as well on black team, and few that have joined are actually getting involved im hoping about week before i can have the choice to replace those people with other who actually want to do this

would be a shame to let those down who are interested for a few that just signed up and disapeared
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am the Captain for the Dark Green team. I am missing a few people as well, or some people have joined and posted then havent heard anything back since. So I am in agreeance that on the 29th or 30th if we have not found heard from those people we find people who are wanting to do this and are serious about it.