How to Explain Gay Rights to an Idiot

Options
maab_connor
maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
my bestie linked me to this today and i HAD to share. I, for one, am going to print this off and start handing it out to ppl.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/how-gay-rights-is-nothing-like-legalizing-beastali

for those of you who cannot go to the site:

explaininggayrightstoanidiot.jpg

explaininggayrights3.jpg

*edited b/c i didn't realize the piece was in two parts.

Replies

• Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh thank you so much!! I need this.. have you seen some of the just amazingly idiotic things being said on my blog from Friday?!!? aaaaaaahhhhh!!

Thank you for sharing!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I feel like I need to start passing a copy of this out like candy to everyone I know. Texas is not a fan of gay rights at all.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    That looks great (though I'll have to search to find it large enough to read).

Sadly I've found that using logic with idiots is like reading to dogs. They just don't get it. Not only are they ignorant but often they take quite a bit of pride in the fact. You can use all the logic and sound reasoning you'd like, but their "Adam & Steve" argument uses funny word play so they think they've got you everytime.

I simply take pleasure in knowing that everyday they're a little more outnumbered. Everyday progress is made. One day in the near future tolerance and understanding will be common enough that they'll keep their stupid opinions to themselves.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    ^^ I hope he's right about the people who are against gay rights becoming more outnumbered by the day. Really, they're living in a time when we shouldn't care about the gender of two consenting adults who want to get married. There are more important things to think about!!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Not having read the material, I think we can start by not using the word "gay" when referring to rights. They're equal rights. When morons hear "gay rights" what they actually translate that into is "special rights."
  • highfemme
    Options
    Genius. My Mrs. will love that! :laugh:
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Not having read the material, I think we can start by not using the word "gay" when referring to rights. They're equal rights. When morons hear "gay rights" what they actually translate that into is "special rights."

Kinda like Rick Perry!!!