DERBY DAY!!!

Options
So today is game day for our league! :) Anyone else out there bouting today GOOD LUCK and Safe skating!! :)

-Red Hot Redneck, Grand Raggidy Roller Girls Ref

Replies

• pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good luck, safe skating, I hope you get to admire those paramedics FROM AFAR!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    How did it all come out?
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well, We had a mini round robin tournament between Ann Arbor Derby Dimes, Bath City Derby Girls, and GRRG's Rapid Assault. Ann Arbor ended up winning it. :) Go A2D2! It was great to see how far they've improved since we last saw them at a tournament in June. :) GRRG's G-Rap Attack! has unofficially adpoted the A2D2 girls...so its pretty awesome to see them progress. As far as the main event it was our 'Beer Brawl'. We take the entire league (any skater who's scrimmage qualified) and split into 2 teams. Each team is then sponsored by one of our breweries (our league has 2 who are sponsors) - Team New Holland vs Team Schmohz. It was a close game, but in the end Team New Holland won. They are the undefeated champs for 4 years now, but this year it was closer than ever!! :) When I played, I was on Team Schmohz, so my heart will always cheer for them. But its all lots of fun for everyone - a game that doesn't matter who wins for the skaters and its all a way for the the fans and our sponsors to see ALL skaters play (instead of just 14). We even have the brewery owners as bench coaches for each team, so they're right in on all the action.