Up for a challenge, writers?

Options
How about this? Write for 30 minutes a day - like the minimum target for exercise, right? And log it here somehow - I'm thinking I'll do it under "strength training." :happy:

Bragging rights only. I know, it's Christmas, blah blah blah. But consistency is so important! And hey if you can't do thirty continuous minutes (which would be preferable), what about two sessions of fifteen minutes?

Who's in?

I am!

~Andi

Replies

• Pandahead
    Pandahead Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to participate. Though, I'd rather just log my minutes in the thread here.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Starting when? I'm currently working on outlining/character dev on my next WIP.

me too....
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Today.
  • noexcuses1218
    Options
    Dec. 11th, 40 minutes.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I was thinking of this last night. I'm like I seriously have more than enough time in the day I just don't use it right. I can find 30 minutes!

Will update later after I get my 30 minutes in. :smile:
  • noexcuses1218
    Options
    December 12: 150 minutes, straight scene writing. Yeah, you read it right. This is, unfortunately, time I should have spent doing something else, but I got on a roll and... well, you know. Damn, that felt good.
  • noexcuses1218
    Options
    12/13: 60 minutes (at least)

Gee I'd sure love to convince myself that I have another half an hour stored somewhere, but apparently even my capacity for suspension of disbelief has its limits.
  • noexcuses1218
    Options
    December 14: 50 minutes
  • noexcuses1218
    Options
    12/15: 30 minutes.

I'm sensing a pattern here and I don't like it. Nossir, I don't like it at all. Going for 60 today.
  • noexcuses1218
    Options
    12/16: 30
    12/17: 0
    12/18: 30

Total for me for December is 350.

CW, you win the challenge for the month. However, although I've lost the consistency award, I will still kick your *kitten* on minutes.
  • noexcuses1218
    Options
    12/19: 30
    12/20: 45

Today is my last day at the day job until January 3rd; I'm foaming at the mouth to see how much I can produce.

And run, of course.
  • noexcuses1218
    Options
    12/21: 30 minutes, although I'm fairly certain I slept through the last five minutes of it, given the quality of the writing (or lack thereof).

CW, you can still lose the consistency crown for December!
  • noexcuses1218
    Options
    OK we can be done, but January's not far off and I expect you to perform, CW!

BTW, whatcha workin' on?
  • Pandahead
    Options
    Okay, Christmas is over and life is more reasonable again around these parts.

I'm back to work today with a story for this:

http://zombiecustodian.blogspot.com/2011/12/zombies-gone-wild-anthology-new-open.html

Then I'm writing a YA novel for my daughters. (Even though it's not my cup o' tea, I want to give them something. ;) )

It's better for me that I go by word count rather than time. I'm shooting for 2000 today. I'll check back in later for accountability.

Hope everyone had happy holidays!
  • Pandahead
    Options
    Okay, thanks to my husband (who has the week off from work), I was able to be a hermit today and get some writing done. I got over 5,000 words today. Granted, this is first draft stuff. I'd be lucky if half of those words make the final cut. LOL
  • Pandahead
    Options
    Just popping in to say the last few days I've been writing between 2k & 4k a day. (Had one 8k day. Yeah, my family didn't see much of me that day. LOL)

I'm somewhat cyclical when it comes to writing, though. I tend to go through periods with lots of writing, then I only dabble for a few days before sprinting again.