Navy Blue

Options
Navy Blue Team
This is your thread!
Please do not forget to post an introduction to your team here and add your team members.
We officially start 3 weeks from today
Who is excited?!?!?
<3 CJ!

Username Real Name Age Starting Weight
Nataluz Natalia 34 202.8
tjazmin Donna 36 280
grasshoppermegan Megan 33 252.4
Annanoel21 Anna 21 230.1
Kelloyal Kelly 27 225
Wren176 Renee 35 215
Slainnz Sarah 34 206
Travm2007 Travis 23 199
gainess Sharon 31 191
Kenziesmomma11 Lindsay 27 185
Jingo-ace Jan 50 176.4
Irishkissesxx Lauren 21 171.5
GuruOnAMountain 26 166
Mags2504 Mags 42 159
Rachele103 Rachel 30 152.8
RHeyne1 Rachel 25 145
Lawre297 19 118

Starting Weight as of 11/11/11 3275

Replies

• NataLuz
    NataLuz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi Navy Blue Team!

My name is Natalia, I am 34 years old and I live in the Netherlands, and I will be your team captain! It is my first challenge as a captain and I am very excited!

All my life I was not happy with my weight, sometimes I had more, sometimes less, but in last 3,5 years I gained 22 additional kg. Of course I know the reason – office work (I am a materials consultant) with stresses and overwork and travelling, not enough physical activity and overeating… About a year ago I started to study nutrition and to be interested in what I am actually eating and drinking, which of course helped me not to gain any more weight, but I also did not lose much either. I know I need more physical activity, and this is my goal for the next year. I have an approach where I will also try to change my “relation” with work. And I am sure that this challenge will be a kind of boost for me, and a good start for getting moving.

It would be very good if all team members use this thread to tell their stories and goals. If you have any suggestions or wishes please also let me know. We have to do some preparation work before the challenge starts: co-captain, team name, ticker, etc. I am suggesting to think about it, and I will post a first preparation post in my blog on 16th of December, so we will have enough time (2 weeks) to discuss all details.

Don’t forget to add each other to the friends list!

I am looking forward to the challenge start, I am sure we will the biggest losers here!

Natalia
  • Kelly_2013
    Kelly_2013 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yay for the Navy Blue team!!

My name is Kelly, and I am 27 years old. I have gained 100 pounds in the past 4 years ( I really put all the weight on in about a 2 year period and the other 2 years I have maintained it) I went through a stressful time in my life and went through a depression with a bad break up. So here I am still carrying around the "baggage" from the not so good time in life and I"m tired of it! I am ready to get back to the old "real" me! I have lost 11 pounds since I started myfitnesspal and I am extremely excited about joing this challange and losing even more!!! My goal is to lose at least 82 pounds. 92 pounds lost is my final goal. To be back where I was 4 years ago! I can't wait to start getting to know everyone!

Have a great day!!
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Nicola :)

I'm currently round about 11 and a half stone and looking to get down to about 8 and a half to be a healthy BMI. I LOVE exercise but unfortunately don't have as much time for it as I'd like as I'm currently a full time student and holding down two part-time jobs.

I'm going to be away for a few days on a short break with my boyfriend and so hopefully I'll be able to not overeat. Also, meant to be going away for a week long training course so hopefully the food on offer there will be healthy.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited for this challenge. My name is Lauran and I'm 21. I met my husband freshman year of high school when I weighed less than 120 pounds, in the 5 years that we've been dating I gained over 60 pounds. I feel like I look nothing like I did back then. I've always had extremely low body image even when I was thin. My husband is now in the marines on a 7 month deployment and I want to lose as much weight as possible before he gets back.

My goal weight is 120, but I think I would be happy with any weight under 140 by the time he gets back.
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    hey im anna, 21, from alabama. Ive gained about 30 lbs in the past 3 years. Im currently at 230 and i want to be at 170. Im getting married in october and need a good challange and support to get me there. We can all lose this weight together! Keep your head high and we can get these numbers down!
  • Kelly_2013
    Options
    Nice to meet everyone!! I think with the support from each other we can do great with this challange and lose the weight we want to lose :) All it takes is support, motivation and good friends :)
  • slainnz
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Sarah and ive always been on the larger side. I did manage to lose 60lbs just before i had my DS but after he was born i got pregnant again and have never managed to shift the excess! I'm currently 22 lb down since joining in Sept and would love to lose another 40lb by May. I am completely motivated and am actually loving the exercise which i never thought i would say!

Anyway heres to the Navy blue team, we can do this!
  • grasshoppermegan
    Options
    Hello Navy Blues! My name is Megan, I am 33 and I live in Deland, Fl! I have been overweight my whole life! I started MFP in Jan and did great - then we went on a 16 day road trip and it went out the window and I gained almost all the weight back! In October I was diagnosed with a condition called Pseudo Tumor Cerebri - it will never go away, but I am told if I lose enough weight that I will no longer suffer from the increased pressure episodes. I am down 50ish lbs since this diagnosis was made 9-10 weeks ago. My main goal is to reach 180 - and my final goal is to be between 130-150. So, I am taking baby steps and I will make it! Looking forward to this challenge - it's my first one! But, I can be competitive so lets do this! Do we have a team name? Are we changing our tickers? I will try and get on and finish adding everyone else soon.

Let's rock this challenge and better ourselves and our health on this journey!!!
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Renee and I am really motivated for this challenge! I am 35 years old and I have slowly put the pounds on during the last 15 years. I also birthed 4 children and didn't get the weight off in between each one. I have been a member on MFP for awhile but really just started my weight loss effort on Nov 1. I am down about 25 lbs. My goal is to be as close to onderland as possible by Jan 1. Looking forward to working with you all!
  • Kelly_2013
    Options
    Hey Sarah, Megan and Renee! Also awesome job on the weight lose thus far!
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    :happy: :: hello navy blue team my name is Dona and i am 36 will be 37 on jan 22..i have been big all my life i developed health issues ..i have 3 girl ..and so excited about navy blue team
  • gainess
    gainess Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello all!! I'm Sharon... I'm looking forward to this challenge.. Bathing suits have never really been my thing. Over the years I've lost and gained weight probably 3 times.. This time I want to keep it off for good so I'm trying to go about doing it in the right fashion.. I'm hoping that we all can be encouraging and motivating to each other. This is the heaviest I've ever been and its VERY disappointing to say the least. Good luck to us all!! We can do this!!
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    HELLO NAVY BLUE TEAM! I'm Lindsay. My current weight is 183. I am 27 years old and a SAHM to a beautiful 9 month old baby girl. I gained 50lbs with my pregnancy, lost about 15, and then struggling with PPD gained 25 back! I have always struggled with my weight but have never felt so terrible about myself as I do now. My Husband is active duty Army and is in fantastic shape! I want to get down to a healthier weight and be able to wear clothes comfortably. I want to set a good example for my Daughter, and be able to keep up with her too!!

I'm excited and nervous about the challenge. Feel free to add me :)
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Nvy Blue Teammates!
    My name is Jan, and I am short one lung, and needing a new knee sometime soon.
    My goal is to be down to 150# by Christmas 2012. I've been riding horses, and walking
    to the lesly sansone's walk dvds recently. Need motivation to keep going sometimes.
    Let's make our Navy Blue Team a positive kick-in-the-butt place & encourage each other
    to keep making the right choices!
    :) J
  • slainnz
    Options
    Hi, i thought it would be good to know where everyone is from:)

Im originally from UK but have been living in New Zealand for 3 years

Also have we had any ideas on a team name?

my suggestions

Operation Narrow Waist
    Team McTrim
    Thin to Win
  • Kelly_2013
    Options
    I am from Louisville, KY USA :)

I like those teams names... I'll try to think of a few myself :)
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am from Springfield Virginia, just outside of Washington DC but I currently live in Richmond Hill Georgia, just outside of Savannah Georgia.

PS- Will each team have its own challenges each week? Will the team captian be issuing them? I find it a little hard to keep up with these threads LOL
  • gainess
    gainess Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm from South Carolina... I too would like to know will the captain issue new challenges each week? What is our official start date? How will we be doing our weigh-ins?

FYI... Currently I'm apart of the "Merry Fitness" group on MFP and we are doing a December challenge.. Our group leader puts out new challenges the beginning of every week for everyone to achieve... We weigh-in once a week... She has a spreadsheet set up where everyone has access to that's in the group and we all go in and log our info and the challenge for that week is listed on the spreadsheet... Hopefully this will help! (PS... The group has helped me tremendously and is very encouraging! I'm hoping to gain the same from the BL2012 Bathing Suit Challenge... Go NAVY BLUE TEAM WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))
  • NataLuz
    NataLuz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi Navy Blues,

It is very nice to hear from you and to learn your goals! Way to go! We will be great losers!

I’ve posted the first preparation post in my blog. I think it is more convenient to discuss everything there, and not in the team tread, at the certain moment it will be too much info to process in one thread. Besides, by the Biggest_Loser rules I have to post every challenge in my blog.

To: KenziesMomma1: Every week there will be one challenge from the team captain and one from the Biggest_Loser.

To: slainnz: Thank you for first team names suggestions!

Please check the blog at: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/NataLuz
  • RHeyne1
    Options
    Hey there everyone! I'm a little behind on replying to this thread...didn't know it was here! Lol. My name is Rachel and I'm from Kentucky. I've always been very health conscious and active, but recently have found it difficult to maintain a healthy weight because my husband can and does eat anything he wants! Unfortunately, I am not so blessed to be able to do that, so it's been a struggle to watch what I eat and not let his eating habits become my eating habits.

I joined MFP exactly one month ago (woohoo!) mainly to find support in my daily struggle with food. I don't have too much weight to lose, but really just want to begin living differently. Food is addictive for me and I need to start making positive changes to insure a long, healthy life (Lord willing!). So, my goals are to lose some excess weight, tone up, and STAY HEALTHY! I've never done a challenge like this before so I'm excited to see what happens!

Go Navy Blue!