Horse Plans for Xmas

Options
Solly123
Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
Whats everyone up to with their horses over the next few weeks of Xmas!!

This weekend is the final of our Dressage and ShowJuming Leagues.

Dressage Final on Saturday, with a new judge coming to test our paces!! :embarassed:

ShowJumping Leage Final on Sunday. I'm only in the mini's (60cm / about 2 ft) so its not about the height.. For me its about the rythym.. I spent quite a number of years hunting and going XCountry on my mare. Now I'm riding her son, I'm trying to do more competitive disiplines.. But the old hunting ways are hard to loose. Not keeping hold of my reins over a jump - being one!! :blushing: With no reins, its hard to get to the next sj fence.. Out hunting, you've a whole field to canter across before you need to jump again!!

Anyways, leagues finish this weekend. Next week, I'm giving Solly a break. Then Xmas week, I'll do some hacking and messing about. Nothing too strenous. Spring Leagues won't start up until at least mid Jan - so we just need to keep ticking over till then..

Probably will use the time to work on our flatwork ( collected canter would be nice!! :bigsmile: )

So, what are ye all up to ???

Replies

• Capone007
    Capone007 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll be riding my horse, and the one I might be getting (trading my horse for) as much as possible before I leave town to see my family for Xmas. I'll only be gone for the weekend of Xmas, so it's not like they'll be getting a lot of time off or anything. There are lots of shows starting in January, onward....but I'm not sure when I'll be ready on the new horse to compete.

There is a show this weekend that some of the people at the barn are entering for fun. I'm going along to help, and show my support.

Oh, and of course will be having lessons with my trainer!
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    I am trying to get my mare as prepped as can be for a big barrel race over new years eve weekend here in Ocala. I have a run this saturday night will be her last prep,then she will have next weekend off ( no race) & then The big 2 day run.
    Tomorrow afternoon Im taking both horses to have their "spa day" getting them adjusted...vet/chiroprator.the old horse loves it.Its their christmas present! LOL:wink:
    Happy Holidays my horsey friends
  • masinya
    masinya Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    On Christmas Day, a bunch of us boarders go to the barn, turn out the horses and muck stalls and then have a potluck brunch :) Apart from that, just regular riding.