WATER!!!!!

Options
Not sure we've mentioned water yet. Is everyone drinking at least 8 cups? I drink closer to 100 oz a day. It's my preferred drink so I just max out my counter every day. It is SO important to flushing out the fat we are burning off. Especially if you have a high sodium day.

Replies

• CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I fight to get my water completed each day. If I don't finish it by 3:00 p.m. I'm up half the night going back and forth to the bathroom. If I drink it during the day I get a lot of extra steps in going to the bathroom. Old bladder! I do notice, though, that it does make a difference with weight loss. It is helpful.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Yeh, your right water is a huge factor in weight loss. I struggle some times but I find if I have a routine with it that seems to make the difference.
    you know like ..one when i get up , before and after every meal & then one in between meals.

Good luck everyone with your water, glug glug.
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I carry my bottles everywhere and drink each time I think of it. I never leave the house without at least 3. I refill store bought bottles from our well which is the best water in the world!
  • mombiscuit
    Options
    Here is an interesting read on the topic of water: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=eight-glasses-water-per-day
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I recently read something that said we really don't need that much because we get a lot in our food also. Made me feel a little better cuz I struggle to get it in (bloat and sloshing) If I get 6 cups in I am happy... 7 or 8 is stellar for me. I have been getting more in since they came out with mio.No matter what the pro's say....I know it is instumental to weight loss.
  • Patty21981
    Options
    I drink at least 8 cups daily. I love my water!
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hate water. It is boring to me. I will, sometimes, get on a kick and make a pitcher of Crystal Light. Sometimes I buy cute little water bottles. .. and it will help temporarily. The only real time I drink water is when I am working out. The most I get in during a day is 4 cups. I have been losing weight.. and I agree, would probably lose more if I drank water (and all of the other benefits).. but, I am just not there yet. However, can I ask a question? I am on a diuretic (it's with my Blood Pressure medicine).. how in the world do I "go" so much--if I am low on water consumption??? Is it my wonderful coffee I am getting rid of??
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Coffee is water, for sure.
  • I'm a speech pathologist and I work with many clients who have voice disorders (hoarseness, etc.) Our hydration guidelines that we use are these: Take your weight, convert it into ounces, and take in half that amount every day. For example, if you weigh 200 pounds, try to get in 100 ounces every day. Here's the thing: all noncaffeinated beverages and foods count toward that total. If a client doesn't want to fidget with ounces, the guideline is to check the color of your urine. If it's clear, or pale yellow (the color of straw) you're meeting your body's hydration needs.