Introduction

Options
2»

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I signed up for this group, and then didn't think to check back until today. I was banded on June 23, 2008. I've been on a roller coaster of losing/plateauing/gaining some back/getting back on track/losing more/plateauing again/etc... But I MFP helps me to get and stay on track.
  • autumn81
    autumn81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am Autumn. I had the realize band placed on 12/15/2008. I lost about 20 lbs after surgery and then it stopped. Well, I stopped I should say. I began to snack more frequently and didn't measure my food. I did not drink water enough either. So here I am today, 30 pounds heavier than at surgery. I need to get back on track, so I am on MFP. I got pregnant last September and had all 6cc's removed during pregnancy. My daughter is now 5 months and I have 2cc's in. I am tracking my intake and drinking more water.
  • jlaroux2002
    Options
    Hi all! I just found this group. I spend time on lapbandtalk, and track my food here, and found the group thanks to Dulcislim! :)

Anyway, here I am, I had my band May 24, 2011, and have lost 67 pounds, including my preop of 11 pounds. I'm happier with my weightloss journey, than I have ever been. I am actually, dare I say it, enjoying it this time. I have had some medical issues that have prevented me from exercising regularly, so most of my weight loss is just restriction and eating healthy. I have a goal to lost 100 pounds by April 2012, and I think I just might make it. I just keep plugging away, every day, trying to do the best that I can.

I have good restriction, but I wish my doctor would make it a little tighter! I can still eat things I don't feel I should be able to eat (bread, pasta... things I avoid for the most part!)I have just about cut them out of my diet, because I don't want them anymore.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi!
  • vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies. I guess we are all newbies. I don't get to the forums that often because I mostly use MFP using my phone. But just wanted to say hi and look forward to your posts.
  • snzgetsfit
    snzgetsfit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI...i was banded Sept, 2008 and I also have been on a roller coaster. My greatest loss was around 60 pounds and now I've put back about 20-25 lbs. I trained for a bike ride (i rode 70 miles in June) and that's when I gained about 10 pounds. The 10 hasn't come off and now I seem to be gaining a little at a time. I decided I needed to get back to some basics.....the journalling being the most important. Maybe I've been kidding myself as to how much I've really been eating.

Anyway, I hope to find some support here.....
  • AraceliRocks
    AraceliRocks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, glad to see that there is a group for lapbanders! :)

My name is Araceli. I got banded on 6/29/11 and before reaching my 6 wk post op appointment I found out I was pregnant.
    NOT exactly planned at all....my fertility has always sucked and we only had sex one time in July so I was very surprised.

Anyways, I have not had any fills yet, but I have gone down from 279 lbs to 228 lbs. I'm 51 lbs less and 5 months pregnant.
    Baby is perfectly healthy and the doctor has me eating 1800-2000 calories a day; which is hard to do, so I eat 3 meals & 3 snacks a day. Seems like I'm always eating and never really hungry.

Just wanted to say 'hi'!