Embarrasing stomach noises

Options
josol1971
josol1971 Posts: 46 Member
I have dealt with IBS since I was in 8th grade. I have learned how to cope with running to the bathroom all the time but my biggest issue is constant loud embarrasing stomach noises. My stomach literally runs my life. I have made it my life's work to stay away from quiet situations whether they be meetings, church, funerals, and even continuing my education. It doesn't matter what I do or don't eat - the noises are constantly there. I feel like the queen of excuses for ditching my family and friends because I don't want to place myself in a quite situation. Is there anybody out there who struggles with this like I do? Or better yet - anybody who has found a successful treatment for the noises?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I found that probiotics helped a LOT in this scenario. I was taking Align. I'm not anymore, and they haven't come back.
  • josol1971
    josol1971 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I am already taking Align. It has helped me diminish frequent trips to the bathroom, but my stomach is still very vocal. Uggg....
    Thanks for your feedback though. I appreciate it.
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you mean internal noises....
    I have dubbed mine "the trolls" and joke with my husband that they come out to frolic around and that's what the noise is. Sometimes you can actually feel movement along with the noises. When it happens during a quiet time and people look at me, I just grab on to my stomach and apologize ("sorry, my tummy's making noises"). Otherwise, I ignore it. I'm not entirely sure what causes it-- I figure it's probably acid or gas rolling around.

Guess that doesn't really answer your question... but at least you know you're not alone. :)