Runners' Team Check-in for Week 2 (End Saturday 12/17)

Options
Cooriander
Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
Let us know your total / progress and goal for December Check Point 2, here, ending Saturday 12/17. :smile:

Replies

• gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    9.4 thanks!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    9.4 thanks!

Excellent early mileage for the week!!! :happy:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I am on travel and I did not think to bring my winter running attire - so doing treadmill and elliptical for the beginning of the week. I got 8 miles in so far. I am amazed how equipment differs, e.g., the elliptical here I can do 4 miles in 38 minutes and on the ARC it takes me 36 minutes to do 2 miles (half the distance!).

I run both at about the same heart rate.
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm at 4.5 miles so far this week. Hope to round out the week at 8.5 miles. As of today, I have completed 17 miles of my 31-mile challenge.

exercise.png
  • gashinshotan
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I only ran 4.2 miles today though - tried to run as fast as I could and I could only pull off a 10 min/mile pace...
    9.4 thanks!

Excellent early mileage for the week!!! :happy:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I have noticed that when I am in shape, there are a few days that are slow, even if I push my self hard. I t hink it is my body that is just telling me to go easier! So I just go with the flow.

I posted an updated spreadsheet (your last 4.2 mileage is not included - and you are already at 50 miles!!! WOW Congrats (again) !
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Finished up the week with 9 miles, bringing the total to 21.5 miles for the month. It would be awesome to finish the challenge this next week!

exercise.png
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It's been a slow month for me, way too much going on, so I'm not getting out as often as I would like. This week I did a total of 11.5, putting my total for the month at 20.5.

I checked the spreadsheet, and it seems that I have been confusing you in my check-ins. I usually just post my ticker, so from now on I'll be sure to report my weekly totals as well. My record should read 3 miles on the 3rd, 9 miles on the 10th, and 20.5 miles today. :)

exercise.png
  • missjelika
    missjelika Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i think i got my grove back. 15.8 miles this week. :D
    would have been more if i hadn't skipped yesterday :(
  • missjelika
    missjelika Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i think i got my grove back. 15.8 miles this week. :D
    would have been more if i hadn't skipped yesterday :(

oops total so far is 25.8 for the month of december.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Just finished another race - The actual race was shorter than a 5K so I had a GREAT finish times at 24:29 as the 'official time'. Really wish that was my time for a *real* 5K.

Now though I feel I want to do another one in 2011 to finish of the year but I am not sure I can my foot is almost killing me... I also felt a bit sick, and my legs felt heavy :sick: . BUT there is another race tomorrow.... maybe.... we will see. If I feel better maybe I do that Sunday race as my final race for 2011. :smile:

- I will make the corrections in the sheet shortly (:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I only ran 4.2 miles today though - tried to run as fast as I could and I could only pull off a 10 min/mile pace...

Well I had the same experience for my race today!! My pace was much much slower than my 'normal' pace. ):

UGH it hurts to be slow when it happens to yourself... oh well. I will see this through and get over the hump. [hopefully]!!!!
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Are you in Canada? What is the imperial equivalent of the 5K, or is it just called a 5K in the States as well?
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Are you in Canada? What is the imperial equivalent of the 5K, or is it just called a 5K in the States as well?

Yeah a 5K in the US is a 5km in metric units, the organizers messed up because they revised the course by replaced a road snippet with a 'shorter snipped' because, I think, the original snipped was a busy road (: oh well. if I run the race tomorrow what else can happen :drinker:
  • gashinshotan
    Options
    Ah 4.95 today... stupid chili
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Did a 5k yesterday

exercise.png
  • lucyg1
    lucyg1 Posts: 29
    Options
    Not the greatest week, final exam before Christmas but did manage 7 miles, two 2milers and one 3 mile run. Hope to do better this week, all finished at university, wohoo, Christmas holidays :-) happy days
  • susanb_16
    susanb_16 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Not a great week I wasn't feeling well this week and too many parties going on.

exercise.png
  • bfee
    bfee Posts: 36
    Options
    Sorry I'm late...

Week 2 Total = 9.82 miles

Total week 0, week 1 & week 2 = 24.36

Just barely over half way...hope I can reach my goal!!!

:)
This discussion has been closed.