Let's make a promise to each other....

Options
Let's promise to not let ourselves down this week and eat too much!

I don't mean not to enjoy the holiday meals...but a couple of bites of something bad should be enough. I did this on Thanksgiving and I felt so empowered! I didn't get my favorite desert, but I did get a very small amount for my 3 year old. She didn't eat it, so I had 2 bites. At that point, even if I had wanted more...the serving plate was empty! My favorite desert was gone and I was glad!

I watched all of the people at this dinner fill their plates and eat so much that they were sick and I felt really good. I brought 3 healthy vegetable dishes, so that I could fill up on those if I was still hungry.

I promise to leave some empty spots on my plate, to not fill it so much that the foods touch each other, only make one trip to the food table and to make sure I taste my favorite desert, but not have a full serving!!!!

What about you?

Replies

• havalinaz
    havalinaz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I promise! Thanks for the good tips as well!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    what a great promise. It is empowering to be able to take only a few bites of your favorite things or a very small serving and this way i dont feel deprived. Filling my plate so that none of the foods touch might be difficult but I certainly will try and I will only get one plate no seconds and try to fill up on mostly vegetables and turkey. I am so looking forward to my moms pumpkin roll , but I will only have 1 very small piece......I think planning in advance is a big help to stay ontrack
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I promise!
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I promise...through the rest of the year for sure!!! I'm going to be on my best "eating" behavior!
  • MissingPixies
    MissingPixies Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I promise!