No More Trouble Zones!

Options
idauria
idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
I just did this DVD for the first time in a couple of months...it still kicks my butt, which is a very good thing. I'm on a break from my regular weight training workout so I have decided to only do JM videos this week starting with this one. Still love her!

Replies

• Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Omg I couldn't leave the house last Monday so I did this DVD. The sweat was just dripping down my face...haha!! I felt good when I was done though.
  • idauria
    Options
    Omg I couldn't leave the house last Monday so I did this DVD. The sweat was just dripping down my face...haha!! I felt good when I was done though.

Oh yeah, I was sweating too. I didn't wear my HRM though so I don't know how much I actually burned. Sometimes I feel like I've burned a lot because of the amount of sweat that's pouring off of me but then the HRM says I only burned 200 cals.
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I use my bodymedia...I think my burn was only around 250 .
  • idauria
    Options
    I'm going to wear it when I do it tomorrow. Today I'm going to do Ripped in 30.
  • GeorgianaDarcy
    Options
    Hi Idauria,

I also really love No more trouble zones - a great workout! And much tougher than Yoga Meltdown or Six week sixpack (although those are great too.) At the moment, I am trying to do it in alternation with Tae Bo for cardio, and extended walking on recovery days.

How often per week are you HIT training? My first goal was 5 times a week (I still manage only 3-4 times), but then I read the BBC health site, which recommends no more than 3-4 super intense training sessions per week, and something more moderate in between. If you do it every day, you apparently give your muscles no time to recover, and deprive yourself of the afterburn effect.....

All best, Georgiana
  • idauria
    Options
    Hi Georgiana! My main workout for the past few months has been weight training. I've been using a book called The New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's a 7 stage, roughly 6 month program of lifting heavy weights in order to build muscle and burn fat. I try to do JM dvds on my off days just to add cardio. I have an elliptical but I find it so boring. I actually burn more calories(I have a heart rate monitor) doing one of her workouts than the elliptical and I enjoy it more. If I want a weight workout I will do no more trouble zones. This morning I was a little sore from my new rules workout yesterday so I opted for 6 week 6 pack since it's not weight focused. But it's still a great workout, I'm sweating!

I haven't done exclusive HIIT workouts but I have read that if you're really going all out you shouldn't need to do more than 3 a week because you need time to recover. If you are weight training you shouldn't work the same muscles two days in a row. Straight cardio can be done every day I believe.

I hope this wasn't confusing and answers your questions!

Hi Idauria,

I also really love No more trouble zones - a great workout! And much tougher than Yoga Meltdown or Six week sixpack (although those are great too.) At the moment, I am trying to do it in alternation with Tae Bo for cardio, and extended walking on recovery days.

How often per week are you HIT training? My first goal was 5 times a week (I still manage only 3-4 times), but then I read the BBC health site, which recommends no more than 3-4 super intense training sessions per week, and something more moderate in between. If you do it every day, you apparently give your muscles no time to recover, and deprive yourself of the afterburn effect.....

All best, Georgiana