Welcome to Phillipians 4:13!

Options
Welcome to Phillipians 4:13
On this topic tab please share a little about yourself, your goals, and your inspirations. Also feel free to post any prayer requests! :)
~Jeremy

Replies

• JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Im Jeremiah (Jeremy). My goals are to have a less than 15% body fat percentage, get 6-pack abs (dont laugh), get rid of my moobs (dont laugh hysterically), and above all be used by Christ and fulfill His will in my life.
    My inspirations: Jesus Christ (of course :)) and Tim Tebow.

Please pray for God to open up the right doors in my life with the right people as well as the right situations, and close the wrong ones. Thanks guys! God bless!
    ~Jeremy
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    Good to be here bro. Im here to maintain my fitness level and live a long and healthy life.
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    Good to be here bro. Im here to maintain my fitness level and live a long and healthy life.
    Glad to have you man!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hi there. . That is my all time favorite scripture. .and love the pic you put up!!!
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    Hi there. . That is my all time favorite scripture. .and love the pic you put up!!!
    Thanks! And welcome to Phillipians 4:13 :)
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    On this topic tab please share a little about yourself, your goals, and your inspirations. Also feel free to post any prayer requests! :)
    ~Jeremy

Hi!

I'm Mandy.

my goals are to 1. fit in my clothes again (met this I guess a month ago) 2. to lose 36 lbs to be in Onederland, hopefully met by Jan 1st, about 10 lbs more to go :). 3. to lose another 25lbs to be at 175 4. to lose 25 more to be at 150 and last 5. to lose another 30 to be at my final goal weight of 120 (hopefully by August 2012 :)

I'm independent Baptist, Got saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ on December 19,1999
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    ~Jeremy

Hi!

I'm Mandy.

my goals are to 1. fit in my clothes again (met this I guess a month ago) 2. to lose 36 lbs to be in Onederland, hopefully met by Jan 1st, about 10 lbs more to go :). 3. to lose another 25lbs to be at 175 4. to lose 25 more to be at 150 and last 5. to lose another 30 to be at my final goal weight of 120 (hopefully by August 2012 :)

I'm independent Baptist, Got saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ on December 19,1999
    Hi Mandy! Congrats on reaching your first goal :D
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
  • 2bfit4life55
    2bfit4life55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Dottie. I just joined myfitnesspal today. I am delighted to find this message board, and look forward to getting to know and grow with yall.

This verse has inspired and encouraged me through many trials and challenges. My most recent verse that I have applied to memory is Romans 7:14-25. I think that you may find this verse very applicable/suitable for our journey in losing weight and getting healthy/fit.

I am a wife of 24 years, and a mom of 5 precious children. For the most part, I have been at home for 24 yrs. I homeschooled our children for 12 years. I am currently working part-time as a nanny for a 3 yo. girl. I have been working with this family since she was 4 mos. My previous job before that was a care-giver to an elderly man in his last precious months here on earth with us. He is now with our Lord. It is another story in itself, that I can share another time. However, come January I will have to look for another job...a full time job. I am very nervous/anxious about this. It is stepping WAY out of my comfort zone. I am so concern that the change will cause me to loose my focus on loosing weight. So, yeah, this verse and possibly this message board is just not by coincidence or chance that I stumbled here.

Blessings,
    Dottie :smile:
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    Hi, my name is Dottie. I just joined myfitnesspal today. I am delighted to find this message board, and look forward to getting to know and grow with yall.

This verse has inspired and encouraged me through many trials and challenges. My most recent verse that I have applied to memory is Romans 7:14-25. I think that you may find this verse very applicable/suitable for our journey in losing weight and getting healthy/fit.

I am a wife of 24 years, and a mom of 5 precious children. For the most part, I have been at home for 24 yrs. I homeschooled our children for 12 years. I am currently working part-time as a nanny for a 3 yo. girl. I have been working with this family since she was 4 mos. My previous job before that was a care-giver to an elderly man in his last precious months here on earth with us. He is now with our Lord. It is another story in itself, that I can share another time. However, come January I will have to look for another job...a full time job. I am very nervous/anxious about this. It is stepping WAY out of my comfort zone. I am so concern that the change will cause me to loose my focus on loosing weight. So, yeah, this verse and possibly this message board is just not by coincidence or chance that I stumbled here.

Blessings,
    Dottie :smile:
    Welcome Dottie :) Wow it looks like you've accomplished a lot already, losing weight should be easy. I'm sure all of this wasn't just a coincidence :) stay strong!
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Ellie. I am working to overcome compulsive eating and thereby lose 40 pounds. I know that I can do this with Christ's strength as I alone have none.
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    Hello! My name is Ellie. I am working to overcome compulsive eating and thereby lose 40 pounds. I know that I can do this with Christ's strength as I alone have none.
    Welcome to the group Ellie! Stay strong, work hard, and trust in Him :)
  • aorejuela
    Options
    Hi everyone: for some time i have been looking for a group that centered their weight loss around Christ. Instead of eatting food i want to learn how to eat the word!! i have been unsuccessful at it...any suggestions are welcome.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Amber and am 22, about to be 23 in March. I officially began being serious about this journey in June and have lost 43 lbs so far. My journey will be complete 28 lbs later when I'm at 135 lbs :) I'm pursuing a BA in English and Bio and a AD in Vet Tech. After 2013 I will be a graduated adult hoping to get hired as a Vet Tech. I currently live with my boyfriend of 5 years and we have plans to get married after college. We have 8 fur babies and one who recently went to keep my space warm by the Lord. Also waiting on me is a little brother who was born premature, and a childhood friend who died too soon, amongst other family and friends I hold dear.

For the New Year I wish to accomplish my weight loss goal and also put God back into the #1 spot. This year I have not been putting him first, preferring to sleep in and miss Mass on purpose on several occassions. I have too many important people waiting for me in heaven. I'm a born and raised Catholic and while I was waiting my turn during confession last night I welcomed God back into my life and gave the reins back to him. I am very excited to see what God has in store for me in the New Year! I know He will never give me more than I can handle, even if I wish He wasn't so trusting sometimes :) God bless and Merry Christmas to everyone!
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    Hi everyone: for some time i have been looking for a group that centered their weight loss around Christ. Instead of eatting food i want to learn how to eat the word!! i have been unsuccessful at it...any suggestions are welcome.
    Hey! Welcome to the group! What i usually do is try to do is read a psalm in the morning, a old testament chapter in the afternoon, and a new testament chapter in the evening along with another psalm or proverb. It requires discipline but my relationship with Christ has sky-rocketed. Hope this helps! Stay strong.
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Amber and am 22, about to be 23 in March. I officially began being serious about this journey in June and have lost 43 lbs so far. My journey will be complete 28 lbs later when I'm at 135 lbs :) I'm pursuing a BA in English and Bio and a AD in Vet Tech. After 2013 I will be a graduated adult hoping to get hired as a Vet Tech. I currently live with my boyfriend of 5 years and we have plans to get married after college. We have 8 fur babies and one who recently went to keep my space warm by the Lord. Also waiting on me is a little brother who was born premature, and a childhood friend who died too soon, amongst other family and friends I hold dear.

For the New Year I wish to accomplish my weight loss goal and also put God back into the #1 spot. This year I have not been putting him first, preferring to sleep in and miss Mass on purpose on several occassions. I have too many important people waiting for me in heaven. I'm a born and raised Catholic and while I was waiting my turn during confession last night I welcomed God back into my life and gave the reins back to him. I am very excited to see what God has in store for me in the New Year! I know He will never give me more than I can handle, even if I wish He wasn't so trusting sometimes :) God bless and Merry Christmas to everyone!
    Welcome to Phillipians 4:13! Wow congrats on losing that much already! Stay strong, unlimited strength comes from Christ :) Merry Christmas!
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Amanda. I am on a continuous path to try to stay healthy and keep moving. I used to work with the elderly and after a bad fall and then lifting residents again , my shoulders locked up in what they call Myofascial Pain Syndrome. I have been blessed to have a chiropractor help me most of this year. Exercise is what I need, but it is also what can flare up my pain.
    I take care of my grandkids now. They are two and five. I need the energy to keep up with them. I would like to lose another 10 pound this next year. I am 55 years old and pretty much a stay at home person. I Thank you for letting me be in this group! Good Luck to everyone.
    My inspirations to hang on in life is God, Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer.
    Smiles, Amanda
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    Welcome Amanda :) lol well we already know each other so I'll skip the formalitys XD