Finale

Options
WickedMouse
WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
Before we get into specifics, can I just say... WHAT THE *kitten* happened to a 90 minute Finale?!? I love the episode, but I was hoping for 90min of AHS. I feel cheated and sad. I must got to bed now.

Replies

• amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    OMG RIGHT!!!!
    I was so confused when my guide said 70 minutes. And to say the least, I wasn't very happy with last nights episode. I felt like it was pieced together and didn't quite fit right. There was too much missing. I wish they would have had a longer episode so that it could have developed a little more.....but even if they only had an hour, that episode left me disappointed.

And I'm really not happy with the ending. I just didn't like it.... there was so much more they could have done....
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree......This show was amazing in the whole....but this last episode left me with a slight undone feeling, which, maybe is what they were going for.....I guess it was nice to see the "family" all together and happy at last.....in a tragic way...and I did love that Moria was part of the family now.....like she may just find some type of happiness within her eternity.....

The whole Tate thing saddened me, they could have done so much more with him.....and my only hope is that the way they left it is an indication that he will be around for next season....I really want to see more of him, I am not ready to let go....and also....even though I know he was indeed a sociopath.... I still thought he had a side that was compassionate, feeling.....which made him so desirable....but they made it seem that any feelings he may have shown were just an act....and he truly does not have to capability to feel, although, he would wait for Violet for eternity....so maybe there was something in him...somewhere....

IDK....I am still up in the air about how it went.....
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    ok just watched it again, to be fair.. I didn't "LOVE" it. I did however like the way that Constance was over the moon about raising the Devil, gushing of how her life has prepared her for raising this person of importance.

oh and... the other twin, alive or ghost?

it was very "sweet" that the Harmon family ended up a happy family in death, but I am unsatisfied with that.

I love Tate, I love the part where he was going to kill the new boy, and he couldn't do it, telling him to not look into his eyes. I think Tate should always be the main character, they have written him with such depth that it is so hard to wrap my head around it.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    So who was the guy that actually hung Ben??
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    It definitly was not what I had expected but I did like. I was confused about my feelings until I watched it again - last night LOL.

My husband is calling it Melrose for ghosts w/ all the internal drama and comings and goings. We are also wondering if the other twin possibly did survive... was hoping at the 3 years later mark they would have showed the Harmons but I guess that would have given away too much.

I was happy to see how they helped the family who moved in to get out before the house's other occupants could get them.

When Constance came home and was talking to someone off screen whom she thought would be there (before we even saw the blood) I was like "She's dead".

Looking forward to seeing how Season 2 starts... hoping that they have magic to be able to tie everything in together without losing what made this show special to begin with. Although I still think "OMG" about last night's episode, it was by far one of my least favorite episodes.
  • DebbieEdwards1020
    DebbieEdwards1020 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with you all...I was a bit disappointed. I was surprised Ben got killed...didn't expect him to join the rest of his family. As for the other twin, I do believe he died - remember when Nora (hope that's right) was with him then Vivian heard him crying, Nora was saying he only took one breath. Anyway, when that new owner lady ran downstairs I was like "Don't go downstairs!!!" LOL Thought Infantata would show up, but it was kinda funny how all the ghosts came out to scare them.
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    So who was the guy that actually hung Ben??

It was the two "Home Invaders" that had previously died in the house.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    That was another thing, I was very disappointed that infantata did not make an appearance....

I think Constance really stole this episode, she really put on a performance......

I did fall in love with Tate just a bit more...(if that is possible) when he was trying to kill that guy but couldn't because he was looking at him....
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i really enjoyed last nights episode. i liked how the harmons helped the other family and how they were happy. Love that constance has the baby "devil" lol i love tate as usual just wish he was in it more lmao

loved tate could not kill him while he looked at him and i fell in love more with him lol Constance def did a fantastic job love her!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    the other twin is a ghost,when Viv found him with Mrs.Montgomery she said he took one breath before he died or something like that.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I was so disappointed. :sad:
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have mixed feelings about the finale, it wasnt as good as I wanted nor expected it to be but it wasnt as bad as it couldve been, I would like to see more of Tates kid who killed the babysitter that could be an awesome/freaky story to follow on, I knew Ben was gonna die they pretty much made that obvious and really the only "horror" part of the whole episode was Tates kid at the end the rest of it was more of a suspense drama, cant wait for season 2 and see what improvements they'll make
  • liesl78
    Options
    I'm on the fence. I didn't hate it, but I was very disappointed the way the episode was handled. Too rushed, they tried to cram too much into it. Perhaps the dvd will have the uncut version. And no Infantata!

I was expecting Ben to die but not so early into the episode.

I was wondering for how much Marcie was trying to sell the house for in the end. The couple said it was 200K under market, and in the end she was sticking "reduced" to the sign. Soon the house will be free LOL

Now, the final shot was absolutely brilliant! "Now, what am I going to do with you?"