Anyone station in Hampton Roads?!

Options
Hi! My name is Amanda and im a Navy veteran. My hubby is still in and stationed aboard the USS ENTERPRISE! Ive bwen looking for a walking buddy. I like to go to Mt Trashmore a few times a week with my 15month old son and walk the track there. Is there any other good walking/jogging/hiking places around here? I need to kick it into gear! Haha

Replies

• SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't have a clue where that is :( I bet if you went on another more local site you mgiht find a walking buddy. meetup.com has some good groups on it for fitness and working out, maybe you can find a stroller strides class??? Good luck!!
  • amandamjessen
    amandamjessen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its the Norfolk, Va area. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • alimontas247
    Options
    I'm just outside gate 4, and my husband is on the USS Cole. I would love to have a walking buddy! I have driven by Mount Trashmore a lot but never decided to stop.
  • amandamjessen
    amandamjessen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its a nice walk/jog. Lots of birds and stuff to look at. You can bring dogs too!
  • arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am from Norfolk and I think Mt. Trashmore is your best bet!!! It's really pretty there!!
  • ItsTiffanyFTW
    ItsTiffanyFTW Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am prior navy and was stationed in Norfolk my whole enlistment. I never ran anywhere off post though... was too busy in the bars. hahah
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i dont live there anymore use to live down the road over in pembroke apartments use to go walking at mt trashmore and running up and down the stairs great workouts!
  • bakerr1975
    Options
    I'm in VA BEACH. I love walking at Mt. Trashmore. I'm looking for a buddy that will walk with me while I push my two year old in his stroller.
  • kaserz
    kaserz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been in Norfolk for almost a year and haven't utilized any of the gyms on base. There's supposed to be a zumba class at the Q-80 gym...anyone ever been to that? Wouldn't mind finding a buddy to walk or work out with...Never been to Mt. Trashmore.