Dec 29 - On Point Check-In

Options
jalara
jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
Hey everyone!

How did you make out today??

So, my day has been crazy. To give you the short version, major breakdown last night at 1 am, went to bed at 3, had an appt at 7am, then had a very stressful day followed by 2 meals out (with little options since I'm gluten free) and I can't go to bed until after 11 (I have to wait up).

I ate mindlessly and gave into my cravings. I did (!!) stay away from the Nutella but I had a fatty supper, sugar cookies, and a very large breakfast.

I did discover myself having no mental ability to really pause and process the consequences of my food decisions, and I know the 'hunger hormone' ghrelin is regulated while you sleep and on no sleep it didn't get a chance to regulate so my hunger is WAY off what it should be today.

So I wonder - should I really log? I don't want to, and I'm exhausted and I'm honestly a bit scared.

Hope your day was better!

Replies

• MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Oh hun! I'm sorry your day was so crazy! I hope you feel better now. I have those days where it takes all my strength to not burst into a blubbering, weepy, carnivorous beast. It's hard. Especially going through the stressful times you're going through right now. *hugs*

I had my massage this morning. My neck feels better, but because my muscles around my left scapula were so knotted, she has to use a scraper to unclench them...and I have a 6 to 8 inch bruise down my back. And I'm still sore. Then I donated blood before work and they fed me animal crackers with a Coke to drink. To reward myself for donating blood, I ate Chinese food. See my diary for the damage. It's not good...but not as horrible as I would have thought. If I eat another bite, I'll explode.
  • 13sharon13
    13sharon13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am trying to "get back in the saddle" after the holidays. Today I seem to be over calories, but under points. Is this common?

Thanks.

Sharon
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am trying to "get back in the saddle" after the holidays. Today I seem to be over calories, but under points. Is this common?

Thanks.

Sharon

Oh yeah, that'll happen! If you think about it, fruits and veggies are free for points so it makes sense. I like to think of it like this:
    - Under Calories is Awesome :heart:
    - Under Points is Great :happy:
    - On Points is Good :smile:
    - Over both Needs Improvement :noway:

Hopefully having a few different 'catches' will help. Plus, I know a lot of people on MFP stagger calories to avoid plateaus, so maybe this will lead to a healthy gradual loss?