Nekid Day 4-

Options
JoyceJoanne
JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
How are we doing people??? 80 members and very little chit chat. Did you all stretch afterwards like Kermit suggested?? I'll let you know later if it helped me. The ONE calf is still a little sore. Hoping that it DOES help.
I can tell you that I REALLY didn't wanna play today. I started taking decorations down yesterday... all the extra stretching, bending, up and down the stairs (30+ times at least!!). I usually don't do it this early, but I'm traveling tomorrow and don't want to come back to it next week. So that means I do it before I go. I DID NOT want to do stinking jumping jacks!!! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: Really, it's only 21 days right?? We've already done a few- so now only 17 to go... Couldn't ask YOU to do it if I wasn't going to... so there I was- flailing- cussing all the while! bleh. Music helps- A LOT!! Pitbull, Rihanna and P!NK got me through it today.

ANYWAYS......:flowerforyou:

How did YOU do today??

Replies

• Kermit1976
    Options
    Hi Ho folks.. hehe.... my legs are sore but no where near as sore as i know they get. keep the stretching afterwards..even if they are still sore they will not be as sore as if you did not stretch...:) if they feel tight during the day.. just stretch them.. I do way to much with my legs to know to listen to them...
    Well i will be doing my jumping jacks shortly just recovering from my shear hell of a routine with the personal trainer today..
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Hey, Girlie!

Jillian is kicking my butt on Xbox 360 Kinect The Biggest Loser thing! So even though I'm not doing the jumping jacks challenge at least you know that I'm cussing right along with you!

Much love, Pepper
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    This is my day two today... but yesterday i had to stop twice today i did the whole thing right through.. YAY go me.. that 10mins did feel like it was about 20 though.. but i have improved so that to me is fantastic.. roll on tomorrow..
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    Helps having my daughter on the timer calling out change every 10 seconds.. if it was not for her I would not do it.. lol... I HATE jumping jacks.. i am hoping after 21 days of this that we start to become friends a bit more.. lol... I need to make up two days so might do another set later.. and wait a few days and do two sets with that also.. just so that i have caught up with you guys.. and i am finishing on the same day
  • manda1028
    Options
    This is my day two today... but yesterday i had to stop twice today i did the whole thing right through.. YAY go me.. that 10mins did feel like it was about 20 though.. but i have improved so that to me is fantastic.. roll on tomorrow..

my day two too! :) good luck everybody!
  • klt1030
    klt1030 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I completely phoned mine in tonight. I didn't want to get up this morning so it pushes everything back and quite frankly ruins my da. Here it is after 9pm and I am just finishing up. I need to find more (exciting!!) ab exercises to do to hook it onto the jacks when I'm not on the elliptical. I think I burned more calories typing this then I did during the jumping jacks...

It's done. It's over with. On to tomorrow!

Good work kids - 4 days down, 17 more to go!

Kelly
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Day 4... done and done! A huge thank you goes out to the person who suggested creating a playlist to listen to during the challenge. I had so much fun picking the perfect 3-song playlist to jam to. I'm kind of looking forward to tomorrow... not the jumping jacks, but the playlist :tongue:

Until tomorrow friends!
  • davists
    Options
    Just finished day 4...today was much better than yesterday!! I increased from 10-11 to a solid 13 each round...Yah:happy:
    I have some of the girls at work trying this because they don't believe that you can get a work out that makes all of your muscles hurt from jumping jacks. Their first day is today, I'm anxious to hear their stories.:laugh:
  • tyal0523
    Options
    Doing mine along with my other workouts, doing jumping jacks vigorously for 1min, resting 1min and doing this for a total of 10min of jumping jacks.
  • MelissaMcGinn
    Options
    Took the day off today, hurt my back so I've been resting, icing, heating, stretching, and resting. Looks like tomorrow may be the same, but I did make it to the gym to sit in the hot tub so I am still in the routine of going...if I lose that, then I may stop all together.
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    Hi All~

I have succeeded 3/4 days. I did start doing this about 5 days before this groups actually started though. Today (Friday 12/30) is my weigh - in day. I did not release any weight this week. I was slightly bummed about that. Then I thought, ok I'll measure myself. I did measure before starting this group; about 10 days ago. Well.... I have released 1/2 inch along my waist, my hips, my neck and gained slightly in my leg. Imma a happy camper! I'm on my way to looking better Nekid!

I just read the other posts for day four... I have added some stretching both before and after the jumping jacks. When I first started I was only doing the jj and was very sore. By day three I was taking a walk with the dog right after the jj workout. This week I have started the Couch to 5K program, so I have switched the walk/jog combination to the beginning, then doing the jj workout, then moving around, ie. house work or something to stay moving until the muscles cool down slowly. I stretched a little but not for the 5-10 minutes recommended. The only real soreness yesterday was my left shoulder. Later in the evening I did take a pain reliever as it bothered me most of the day.
  • angelic89
    Options
    Done! Didn't do day 3 though... worked out a lot was too exhuasted.
  • marie2779
    marie2779 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi all... I am just seeing this group and joining today- so I'm a little behind you. I am off to create a playlist at the suggestion of some others having read the backposts- I'll update later. I'm not a big fan of jumping jacks, I'm on level 2 of 30 day shred and I hate doing the jacks for even the 30 second intervals so this will definetly be a challenge for me! Good luck everyone!
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    Marie i am there with you on that.. they are not my friend I am on level one of 30 day shred and i am doing the 10 mins off this plus those jumping jacks also... so a lot of work altogether i am on my day 3 of this and i doing OK bit of mind over matter helps a bit..
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    Bugger 5 min stretch....when i stretch i do hands on wall one leg out the back and 15sec per leg that is all i do.. and they are sore but not as tight i still am able to get on with my day...