Weigh-In Week of 12.25.2011 to 12.31.2011

Options
shydaisi
shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
How's everyone doing this week with the holiday?

Replies

• shydaisi
    Options
    Amazingly, even though I didn't exercise for an entire week, I still managed to lose this week. On Christmas day and the day after I ate nearly all of my maintenance calories, but the other days hovered around my BMR. Yesterday I got back to my exercise program. I had already dropped a little earlier in the week and the dropped more this morning! I am ecstatic to have made it through the holidays not only without gaining, but losing as well!

Previously my weigh-ins were on Fridays, but I want to bump it back to Tuesday or Wednesday as those are the days I weigh-in for a few of my challenges. I have dropped 2.2 pounds since Friday!!!

12.02.2011: 190.6 lbs.
    12.09.2011: 187.4 lbs.
    12.16.2011: 186.2 lbs.
    12.23.2011: 185.4 lbs.
    12.28.2011: 183.2 lbs.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you're doing awesome!

I'm just starting to use the Olivia Method and hope it will help me get re-started on both food and exercise. I'm not even sure that the numbers I came up with are right. Here's what I have:

158 lb, 5'6
    BMR - according to MFP Tools, it's 1393, so I'm aiming for 1400
    Maintenance - 1672
    So I eat 1400, unless my exercise burn puts my "green" number at more than 1000, then need to eat to get back to 1000 - right??

I'm hoping that watching my calories left over (the burn) will motivate me to exercise more.

12/28/11 - start weight 158

Nikki
  • shydaisi
    Options
    Congratulations, you're doing awesome!

I'm just starting to use the Olivia Method and hope it will help me get re-started on both food and exercise. I'm not even sure that the numbers I came up with are right. Here's what I have:

158 lb, 5'6
    BMR - according to MFP Tools, it's 1393, so I'm aiming for 1400
    Maintenance - 1672
    So I eat 1400, unless my exercise burn puts my "green" number at more than 1000, then need to eat to get back to 1000 - right??

I'm hoping that watching my calories left over (the burn) will motivate me to exercise more.

12/28/11 - start weight 158

Nikki

Thanks!

And, yes, you are right on your numbers. So, on a non-exercise day you will have about a 250 calorie deficit giving you approximately a 0.5 pound loss per week without exercise. If your burn is less than about 750, you don't need to eat more unless you are hungry.

Good luck! I am absolutely loving this method so far.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am up four pounds after vacation and holidays :(. The olivia method didn't fail, I did! Oh well, I just remind myself that I am still 10 pounds down from this time last year so that is still a win in the long run.

Good luck everyone!
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I didn't gain over the holidays so I was very happy since I didn't keep my journal for 2 days. I know I was way over maintenance. I started back Monday with counting and exercising. I usually weigh on Fridays, but I weighed this morning and was down 2.8 pounds! Very shocking!!!!

Just love this method, so much easier to follow each week and see where you stand!
  • sunnydays33
    sunnydays33 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I have been bumping around these 2 lbs for the last 2-3 weeks. I am being super strict on logging, however I did add in strength training this month. I had been averaging about 500 cal burn for excercise and this week I am striving for 900-1000 cal burn/day to see if I can get things moving again. I think this is just how my body likes to lose: about 4-5 lbs all at once, then nothing for 2-3 weeks. This is my 4th week with the OM and I LOVE it, so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and I know that the weight will come off.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    Guess I better get busy with a big deficit for awhile. I gained 5lbs over the last 4 days. It sure comes on fast. Took me months to get five pounds off. A bit depressing how you have to work sooo hard for so little loss and gain it back just like that. Ohhh wells.
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I have maintained over the holidays! I am happy with that, I didn't want to deny myself all the goodies and treats. I proved to myself that I can do things in moderation, some days I did better than others for sure. I can't wait to get things back to normal next week, the next couple days shouldn't be so bad. I just order 30 day shred online and my hubby got me the whole set up for cross country skiing, life is good!