Finding Balance

Options
00Angela00
00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
When I start to reach my goal I begin to allow myself more treats. A desert. A piece of candy. My favorite chips. A soda with lunch. As many of you know you don't become obese because of your amazing self control. I need to work on a balance of allowing myself a treat on a special occassion or when I'm really craving it but NOT allow that to spiral out of control. What are some of your struggles?

Replies

• dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I also let stress be my excuse for eating junk. I too seem to relax more on my food choices the closer I get to my goal. Seems to be a common problem? :flowerforyou:
  • hbaker07
    Options
    My struggles are being able to say no. Also, thinking well if I work out, I can eat this bad thing...well I KNOW I shouldnt be!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    haha I know, I'll say ok I'll have this donut and work out tonight ... and then I won't work out. *sigh. I need to not allow any treats until AFTER I've worked out and only allow so many a week or something. What do you guys do?
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well I usually control my calorie intake, but sometimes my food choices are not the best. But most of the time I don't care as long as I am within limits! I plan to change this in the new year. Will start logging the food again in some days!