Not happy with my body's chemisty (yet again)

LainMac
LainMac Posts: 412 Member
I'd love to blame my recent weight gain on Christmas goodies. But as a Celiac, I can't eat most of them. Tests show that I am dong well on the Gluten Free diet and my intestines are healing. (Started eating GF in Late July)

As my reward for "healing" my body is being even more efficient that ever and I am gaining weight. As an extra bonus, I am hungry nearly all the time and I often go to bed "feeling" hungry. Have to get control of this because I threw out nearly all my "fat clothes".

Replies

• LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    The one medical study that matches my issues pretty much says I'm doomed to get more overweight

http://spider.ipac.caltech.edu/staff/joanno/med_pubs/****ey2006_overweight_celiacs.pdf
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    As a celiac, your body is probably deficient in a number of nutrients that you haven't been able to get because of your intestinal damage So your body will send you hunger signals to try to fill those deficiencies. Eat high-nutrient food as much as possible, maybe check out Fuhrman's "Eat to Live" for some ideas.

I have found losing weight very difficult, but am finally having success with MFP. I have been gluten free for three or four years now. I've kind of lost track.

Pam
  • Remember that healing requires energy too, so your body might think it needs that extra weight. Have you tried any type of detox protocols? Maybe you have Candida or something else that is also effecting you.

Just some ideas.