Eating for P90x

Options
Hey all!!

I am excited to get started on 1/1/2012. How is everyone going to set up thier macros? How is everyone going to diet- are you going to follow the P90x diet or are you going to just do your own thing and stay within the limit. I completed P90x before and this seemed to be the hardest part for me.

Help!

Donna

Replies

• aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am hoping to follow the food pretty closely, but sub out stuff I really cannot stand. (Tomatoes, Mushrooms, cottage cheese) I did order their Protein bars because I know myself, and when I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning for work, there is NO chance I am going to be making breakfast.

I just started this morning (I have a 5km run in two days so I want my body to at least have a good start food wise.) And I tried to eat the omelet, but it wasn't happening. I ate half then had a cheese string and some asparagus. Protein and Veggies!
  • clasr71
    Options
    I bought some chicken breasts, pork chops, frozen veggies, frozen fruits, egg whites, soy nuts, etc. I am going to stick to their meal plan and calorie suggestions. I like to run so I plan on supplementing P90X with running 3 times a week, so I may have to eat more on those days to keep my energy level up. I changed my MFP goals so I will be eating 2800 calories a day, I will see how that goes and I am sure some stuff will have to be tweeked along the way.
  • shaunl669
    shaunl669 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I decided to cut back on the refined carbs, and push more protein. I would like to stay away from anything that comes pre-packaged as much as possible so that will force me to make better food choices.
  • TnVeggie
    TnVeggie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Any other vegetarians attempting the diet? It's incredibly difficult to get even 40 percent protein, and the book isn't really that much help (for instance, they have most of the things listed as veggie alternatives either in the dairy or carb section). Also, nuts don't show up on the "allowable foods", but then are on the meal plans. I'm guessing those go in the protein section?
    I guess I'll just continue tracking and attempting to reach the goal, but not being too disappointed when I can't. But I think I have figured out the *real* P90X diet--you're so sore you'd rather be hungry than attempt the pain of walking to the kitchen or cafeteria!
  • heatherdhart
    Options
    I agree with Shaun,
    I stay away from anything prepackaged and tend to eat more fresh items. I also know what I am going to eat the day before. Packing your lunch or snacks, or planning your meals helps you stay on track. And if you log it before eating it and count your calories, you are more likely to stick to it!!! I also try to eat more protein and less carbs!! Good luck!