Any suggestion for a new mommy to be?

Options
Hi, looking for a healthy suggestion for a new mommy to be. I'm currently planning to concieve and it's been a hit and missed for the past 2 months. Lolz... I'm almost into buying "its harder with age" but i'm not giving up. I had just lost the extra 10lbs and is on my prenatal, and eating healthy. But will to take any suggestion from my fellow mfp!

Replies

• sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    don't stress, have fun in bed, and exercise regularly. give yourself time.

also, make sure u dont consume too much mercury.
  • gisele246
    gisele246 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Easier said than done about the no stress but it really does help. There are cheaper ovulation kits on amazon.com that you can get as well if you're on a time frame.
  • Risty
    Risty Posts: 8
    Options
    I agree with not stressing out. When I was TTC, I had no idea when I was ovulating (just got off the pill one month prior to TTC) so we made sure we had sex every day, not wanting to miss the ovulation day! It worked for us and I got pregnant that first month of trying. So maybe try having sex every day or every other day (as the sperm live on average 2-3 days afterwards. I just didn't want to take the chance in case the little buggers didn't last that long and did it every day, lol. I also kept my legs up afterwards (getting gravity to help me, lol) for approx 15 mins afterwards, sometimes longer. I'd just watch TV while waiting! That's basically all I did. Good luck!
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just passed the first month of TTC. I am in the dreaded two week wait, counting down the days till I can take that test! I've had a lot of promising signs, but I'm worried it might be my mind playing tricks on me...we will see in a week! One thing I will recommend is www.fertilityfriend.com, I've only been using it for a month, but it has taught me so much about my cycle and ovulation time. Good luck to you!
  • etznab
    etznab Posts: 8
    Options
    I found yoga helpful. There are specific poses that are supposed to promote fertility. I'm not sure if they actually worked, but yoga did help me relax. And I believe the relaxation played an important part. I'm 39 and conceived after 5 months of trying; 3 months after starting yoga and loosing 20 pounds.
  • gisele246
    gisele246 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Another thought too- I got pregnant Memorial Day weekend and Labor day weekend lol. And it was not for lack of sex during other times. Have a glass of wine and have fun !
  • MrsDunn8910
    MrsDunn8910 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i would try to calculate your ovulation cycle outside of not stressing, staying healthy, having fun, and being patient. i just found out i'm pregnant and was using babymed.com to track my cycles. good luck and best wishes!