Introduce yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• 2takaz
    Options
    Hello,my name is Carol. I work in the winters only as a seasonal RN, I just had ny 66th
    birthday. I joined this program because a neighbor is on it . She is always smiling these
    days and she has lost over 85 punds folling MFP.
    I am a new widow with 3 adult children and 3 step children. I have 3 grandchildren.
    I have no family near where I am and appreciate the support and encouragement
    I am getting here.
  • Murlin54
    Murlin54 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    testing to see if my ticker posts below my comment

13195950.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • hahn7234
    hahn7234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a 56 year old, unemployed, and looking for ways to lose the 30 pounds I have gained over the last 7 years. I have tried many diets but can't seem to stick to anything. i would appreciate any suggestions, techniques, or recipes that have worked for you.
  • housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    using this website to log in what you are eating is a great way to start.

Set some small goals- a few suggestions
    1. keeping your calorie total under the recommended level to lose weight
    2. don't get hung up trying to follow a diet just be concerned with how many calories you are taking in- you can work on improving what foods you are eating later like trying to get fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains.
    3. For exercise if that hasn't been something you've done before just try something simple and free like walking 20-30 minutes a day.
  • dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi. I;m 56 and have aprox. 30# to lose,I've been a dietier all or it seems like all my life,I do extercise and love to walk,Its nice to have support I dont have many friends on MF, and i"ve been on it over a year,so its nice to meet eveyone in this group i hope I hope to meet someone to converse with,I'm married with children grown and now grandchildren,but I'm not ready to give up on my self and become overweight and not be able to keep up with grand children ,we can all look forward to the new year and starting a weight lose journey together !:smile:
  • nmitch1689
    nmitch1689 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Happy New Years to the 55 and over group. I live in Houston, Texas. I am 58 years old and a recent empty nester. I am the single mother of a 19 year old son who has moved out for college. I started with MFP in September and it has really been a successful tool. My doctor wanted me to start a food log as a way to lose weight. I tried several programs and this one is the easiest and most convenient one I found.

Most of my adult life has been one diet after another with periods of gaining back all the weight in between. I am not looking at this as a diet but a new way of life. I eat what I want and am not on any specific food plan, just trying to stay within the calorie level on MFP. I would look forward to having more friends to support and to support me.
  • housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Excellent results!
  • klutz25
    klutz25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Kathy. I'm married, have two grown sons and two grandchildren. I work full time.

I'v e been on and off MFP for several years. It is a great tool and I need to utilize it more.

I've struggled with my weight most of my life but since turning 50+ it has really been a battle. Hope to lose 15 pounds by June 1st. That doesn't sound like a lot but it is SLOW GOING. I'm looking for others who are in it for the long run.
  • takehomepay
    takehomepay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Bill here, I'll be 57 in a few weeks. I'd like to start taking better care of myself. I feel like I'm off to a good start with MFP. I also use a pedometer and it has motivated me to be more active. I set a new best day for steps yesterday. My dog really liked it because she walked with me quite a bit. Only two pounds down so far but I feel like I'm on the right track and with the help of you all, will get to my goal weight.
  • kf5ljp
    kf5ljp Posts: 31
    Options
    Hello my name I s Kevin. I am married and living in the Philippines until around November or December. Then I will return to America. I am working very hard to lose my body fat and get a little muscle as well. I thought I would shed my pounds here in Asia before going stateside because the food here is conducive to weight loss
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Josie and need to lose about 70 lbs. Hoping that getting back to tracking on MFP will help.