Week of 1/1/2012-1/8/2012

Options
Each week I will post a "check in" post. Come in here as often as you would like to talk about your struggles as well as your achievements. We are here to support and help each other get to 2,012! And remember....you CAN do it!

Replies

• queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Each week I will post a "check in" post. Come in here as often as you would like to talk about your struggles as well as your achievements. We are here to support and help each other get to 2,012! And remember....you CAN do it!

Thanks, Mindi! It will be a great way to stay accountable. Tomorrow I'm going to load up on Advil and do some hiking at our local Preserve!
  • Ibelieveinthislifetime
    Options
    I love this idea... Friend me if you want.. I would love to chit chat and really make this year count!
    D~
  • Helenelle
    Helenelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Count me in - I managed 1020 miles last year and burnt over 89,000 calories!!
  • Helenelle
    Options
    Is the 2012 mile target as a group or as an individual?
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Count me in - I managed 1020 miles last year and burnt over 89,000 calories!!

You are awesome!
  • Helenelle
    Options
    Thank you :)x
  • Helenelle
    Options
    A very wet and windy 3.24 miles walked with husband and two dogs. Not that fast as no.1 labrador Bluebelle has his displacia and arthritis and cant walk very fast. 2008.76 miles to go!!!!
  • runwithmike
    Options
    This is going to be fun!
  • fiblundell
    Options
    Hi I'm a newbie to the group.... do I add each walk up and post them weekly or each time I complete a walk??? Great idea... Happy new year to you all and feel free to add me as a freind as I could alway do with support... 2012 id gonna be a great year xx
  • izM7
    izM7 Posts: 1
    Options
    This should be interesting! Happy New Year, all! That's almost 39 miles per week, but you've got to start somewhere. Does anyone know of a good iPhone app that I could use to track my miles? :smile:
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Just joined this group and was wanting to double check is it a team effort of 2012 miles or individual?

Thanks!
  • Helenelle
    Options
    Use Endomondo - its free - gives you a map of where you have been, calories burnt etc. really good
  • cjacole
    cjacole Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Slow start for me, but I walked 1 mile on my treadmill
  • Helenelle
    Options
    1 miles is better than 0 mile
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Just under 5 miles today... until the rain got the better of me. A complete change of clothes was needed :(
    I hate the cold and wet weather.
  • jstyle65
    jstyle65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I am in the last few weeks of the Couch25K and will then be increasing my mileage per week! Can't wait to read about everyone's experiences.
  • mommamindi
    Options
    To answer the questions...you can log your miles how ever you want...I am going to log mine after I complete each walk/run so I dont lose track. The 2,012 miles is individual :) I hope I answered them all...if you have more just ask!!
  • Monsieurt
    Options
    First time walk/jogging tonight after 10 months - so slow start with 2.87 miles!
  • mommamindi
    Options
    My legs are on FIRE tonight! I completed 6 miles today in two 3 mile increments...I also have decided that I want to treat myself to a treadmill and begin training to walk a marathon in May! I think I may have lost my mind. :laugh:
  • Helenelle
    Options
    Yippee I have just run 6.7 miles in 61 mins thats under 10 min miles yeeha and burned of 635 calories!
    Thats a total of 10.34 miles this week .