Why Is Skyrim so awsome?

Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
All i have heard about is Skyrim, Skyrim, Skyrim. Why is it so awesome? I am an avid WoW player and am thinking of trying Skyrim out. What makes it so great? And is it still awesome on a PC? (I am a pc gamer..don't hate)

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    WoW was awesome until I took an arrow to the knee...
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Skyrim on PC is the best way to play. Better graphics and mods out the wazoo!
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Skyrim is awesome because, like WoW, it's got the 'quest' thing going on and the leveling up feature...but then it has SO MUCH MORE. You actually BECOME the character moreso than World of Warcraft. I was a warcraft player, but since playing Skyrim, I'm considering cancelling my subscription to WoW because I find it boring in comparison. You can literally do anything in Skyrim. It's fabulous, and there's a damn good reason it was voted best game of the year, haha.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Skyrim is awesome because you can do whatever you want. It isn't linear so you're free to roam anywhere and do whatever you want. Definitely play it on PC because you get cool mods. I only have it on console, totally jealous of the cheese wheel avalanche mod. I finished the main storyline quest and I haven't even begun exploring the world, there is so much to do in the game!

Plus, slaying dragons = instantly badass.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Skyrim is awesome because you can do whatever you want. It isn't linear so you're free to roam anywhere and do whatever you want. Definitely play it on PC because you get cool mods. I only have it on console, totally jealous of the cheese wheel avalanche mod. I finished the main storyline quest and I haven't even begun exploring the world, there is so much to do in the game!

Plus, slaying dragons = instantly badass.

This. The game has almost endless play hours. There's so much to do I spent two full hours just pickpocketing people without even touching a quest. The world is wide open! (Like WoW in that respect.) The freedom of it is phenomenal! (And yes, those PC mods are frakin' fantastic. Lots of new hi-res textures, etc.) You can be running down the road for a quest and get side-tracked by some random mountain dungeon. There's simply so much to do. You can be any combination of characters. There's really no limit to what you can be or what you can level up. There are no strict classes, which again gives you so much freedom to play the way you want to play without being forced into a mold.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    WoW was awesome until I took an arrow to the knee...

Win.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Just as everyone has said, it is just so good. I spent a good hour doing nothing but exploring and was still addicted! It is only single player though so if you enjoy the group aspect of wow, it might not hold quite the same for you.

I however, shun human contact so picking flowers and collecting pelts keeps me going :wink:
  • vlwallace87
    vlwallace87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love Skyrim! I've played close to 30 hours without touching the main quest. There is just so much to do!

I'm using it as a reward. Workout = Play Skyrim :smile:
  • lilbigginz
    Options
    If you're a fan of rpg's then you will love Skyrim. I'm a huge mmorpg fan and tried out Skyrim and love it. My only problem is I can't seem to dedicate my time playing just one character. I have like 4 different characters and am always switching back and forth.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am currently playing skyrim and browsing mfp on my nook during load screens. Lol i have it on xbox, but i wish i bought it for the pc. It's so much fun.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm working on Skyrim having played WoW for several years. Haven't cancelled my WoW sub yet but I've quit for a good two months.

I enjoy Skyrim and if you're into quests, plot, and overall freedom in game play this is it. You can do anything. Very in-depth character development.

The only big complaint I have about Skyrim is that the combat system is a little clunky. But, I'm also not very far into Skyrim, could be user error.
  • Veganniee
    Options
    The only big complaint I have about Skyrim is that the combat system is a little clunky. But, I'm also not very far into Skyrim, could be user error.

I find myself forced into navigating menus all the time in combat. Changing from different spells and weapons. I'm not sure I'm doing it right though!
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options
    Skyrim is awesome because its Skyrim. You get the chance and buy it. One of the best games I have ever played
  • p0stdramatic
    Options

I find myself forced into navigating menus all the time in combat. Changing from different spells and weapons. I'm not sure I'm doing it right though!

If you're playing on PC, you can add items to hotkeys 1-8, then all you have to do is push the corresponding number to add that item instantly. Just favorite the items, open your faves menu, highlight the item you want to hotkey, then push what # you want to make it. Very helpful!
  • Veganniee
    Options

If you're playing on PC, you can add items to hotkeys 1-8, then all you have to do is push the corresponding number to add that item instantly. Just favorite the items, open your faves menu, highlight the item you want to hotkey, then push what # you want to make it. Very helpful!

Thanks but it's yet another reason why I curse buying it on xbox and not PC!
  • KarlDR
    KarlDR Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks but it's yet another reason why I curse buying it on xbox and not PC!

On XBox you can make items Favourites (Y i think). They will then be accessible from a quick menu accessed by pressing up on the d-pad. Not quite as quick as hot keys on the PC, but still better than digging through menus!
  • Veganniee
    Options
    Ooh I'll have a look. Thanks :smile:
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    I quite enjoyed Skyrim, and as I've played Morrowind and Oblivion too, it was pretty much mandatory that I play it. It's a great sandbox game with an interesting story but one thing I found lacking was the NPCs. They didn't feel like real people to me. Perhaps I'm comparing it too much to games like Dragon Age, where you had really interactive relationships with NPCs, but I couldn't escape this feeling that I was essentially alone in an enormous world. Even my husband and followers seemed to have no personality or depth whatsoever. Which is fine if you just want to quest and explore but it's billed as an RPG so I expected a bit more than that.
  • sinsaria
    Options
    Skyrim.

*sigh*

I think you will definitely love it, considering you are already into rpg's..

I just realized I have already put in 201 hours...holy crap.