New Year - New Us - Sunday 1st January 2012

Options
Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with your families and friends.
Lets get this new year off to a great start and challenge ourselves to walk 12 miles this week.

12 miles you break it up any way you like and log in and let us all know how you are getting on,
Im so looking forward to building my mileage up to about 24 miles per week this coming year.

I cant wait for spring, drier and warmer weather to walk in. I hate all this wind and rain we have
getting in Scotland lately.

Lets support each other with our walking and weightloss.
If you cant walk, dont feel bad, pop in and talk about your dog or whatever you like too.

Love to all of you
X Chellesky

Replies

• IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP this week and so far I love it! I was looking for a group to join. This is perfect, because I have gotten out of my walking over the holidays. I wear a pedometer every day and try to get my 10,000 steps in, daily. When we walk, we love to take Penny and she loves it even more. We can't even say the word without her ears perking up. I'm looking forward to this!
  • Crossone
    Crossone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My wife & I (see IHeartMediWL above) just returned from our walk around the neighborhood with our Mini-Schnaizer "Penny". We put in a little ove 3 miles. A good start for the new year!
  • chellesky
    Options
    Great to see you and Dave both enjoying your walkies with Penny. You had a great start to the new year. I dont think Ill get back on track until next week.
  • hhcote
    hhcote Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    12 miles this week!! I'll do it! I gotta - I'm in a challenge group to lose 30 by July!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    We actually have sunshine and it will be in the high 40's today. My dogs will be SO excited and be bugging me for a walk once breakfast settle in their stomachs. Today can be a longer walk :bigsmile:
  • chellesky
    Options
    Hiya Everyone sounds like you all had a great time on your walkies, well done! x

We managed to walk 6 times this week our usual 2.1 miles with Oscar & Eddy and Im so surprised that I actually met this challenge for the first time since I started the group. Must be the new year, new beginnings spurrring us on.

See you all in the boards this week... enjoy your walks, same challenge try to do your 12 miles, break them up any way you want to and let me know how much fun you are all having, enjoying the dogs and nature.

Hugs Chellesky