Weigh in?

Options
Just figuring this site out - it seems we all have our own personal weigh ins and such, but is anyone interested in doing a group weigh in every week or two? We could include stats such as BMI, percent body fat, and even inches to be more accurate.

I know it would help me to have a little accountability!

Replies

• wehrlegirl
    Options
    hmmm.. it would be a heck of a motivator! I would like to know what works and what doesnt. The 2lbs a week plan on this site seems really slow and discouraging.
  • rustbreeches
    Options
    Definitely!
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I wont have a scale till the 3rd week in January.
  • DancingAppy
    DancingAppy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I won't be able to weigh in until I get home (visiting family). I'm also going to be going to local TOPS meetings so I'll have weekly weigh ins.
  • HorsewithNoName
    Options
    I don't have scales - I use my MILs set and visit her regularly but will also take measurements as well. I won't lie but I might not post is things go pear shaped! ;)
  • moody01
    moody01 Posts: 11
    Options
    I might be embarrassed to do it, but I'll go ahead and take a deep breath and say ok. It may be the motivation I need to really get going.
  • ridewithless
    ridewithless Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Weighing in keeps me honest. I'll do it every Tuesday and post my numbers. Heckle me if I back slide...my pony needs me to lose 15 lbs.
  • rustbreeches
    Options
    Are our stats on our homepage visible to our friends?
  • 3ponies
    Options
    I hate it and think its a great idea. How sad is that??

So...starting with this post? 147.
  • cagey22
    cagey22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Fun to see you in this different arena!

I will weigh in on Tuesday this week, then whenever the rest of the group wants to. I know I've had a rubbish couple of days/week, but am ready to get back to it. Just want to give the menstrual/bloatedness a chance to subside... ;)
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    Okay, I'll jump right in and make most of you feel better. I weigh 213. Yuck-o!

I've had what seems like a zillion blood tests done, been working with a nutritionist for a year and a half, slowly decreased my calories to an average of 1350/day, and exercising with a personal trainer for about 6 weeks now. And the weight just keeps creeping upwards.

Every time I think about throwing in the towel, I think about how bad it would be if I wasn't working so hard. Scary!

I'd like to get my weight back down to 150, but honestly, I'm sort of afraid to set any kind of weight goal because I've just been failing so miserably on that front :P
  • 3ponies
    Options
    Nope-I'm with you on this journey! No towel throwing for you,ma'am!

I really admire your attitude-part of what made me think I can do this. Thing is, 2 years ago, I was around 133. Before that? 126. I've list (worst if all...) any cardio fitness I had. The spiral has started, and I'm scared I can't stop it

Come from every bad genetic marker known...so here I am in serious admiration of you!!! You have attitude and desire. Very very good!!!!!
  • hsmithway
    Options
    Thanks 3ponies!
  • Polydor
    Polydor Posts: 43
    Options
    Yup would be for it. Though loosing weight really isn't my huge main goal. Just want to massively increase my fitness levels and you guys seem like peeps who will kick my butt when i need it! :D But could loose a 10 or so pounds.

Now to figure out some sort of meals.... and should go eat something now considering it is already 8:30pm and still haven't had supper.

How do we do BMI and all those fun calculations?

starting weight: 161.8 or 73.4kg

Will take all my measurements to.

P.
  • moody01
    moody01 Posts: 11
    Options
    So I weighed myself this morning and was horrified - salt kills! We had the traditional NY meal of ham and hoppin john, and I gained 3 pounds - up to 198.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday.

Today I am 145.2 and 23.9% body fat.

My goal is 140 or 22% body fat. Whichever comes first.
  • hsmithway
    Options
    How do we do BMI and all those fun calculations?

There's a BMI calculator under the "TOOLS" tab on this site.
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    Because this was more for the discussion of whether or not there was interest in a weigh in (and because I'm anal, haha), I'll make a new thread for just weigh ins. Like skylark, I will be weighing in every Monday. Everyone else, please feel free to join in when you do step on the scale/get some measurements. I know it might be a bit personal for some people, or even embarrassing - for myself included! - but I also think it can be a great way to keep ourselves on track. I know personally, I've never told anyone how high my weight has gotten, so it's mildly mortifying... but I also think the accountability will really help. And I'm sure all you lovely COTHers will be a great support system :)