Vegan Supplements

Options
Can anyone reccomend vegan supplements? So far I have Green SuperFood Vegetarian Capsules. But I need a multivitamin and a brand for other supplements that are vegan. I was just reading up on gelatin..yuck! and I see that one of the capsules I'm using uses that eww! So for now I'm planning to open the capsule and sprinkle the supplement on my food, but in the future I need some vegan ones :-)

Replies

• VeganFoodieMom
    VeganFoodieMom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Rainbow Light supplements are great. Most products (including their "Just Once" multivitamin that I use) have "VeganGuard" stamps on their labels, meaning they contain no animal-derived ingredients. Also, their vitamin/minerals are plant-based, not synthetic, so you body is able to recognize the nutrients as food and not chemicals -- which means they are better absorbed. For supplements that are in capsule form, Rainbow Light uses V-caps that are made from plant cellulose, not gelatin. Other brands utilize V-caps, too. Just check the label.

Sometimes I get tired of swallowing pills and I switch to Wellgenix Balanced Essentials liquid vitamin. There is no official "vegan seal" on the label, but I have found no animal ingredients listed. The Omegas come from flaxseed not fish, and other micronutrients come from sea vegetation, not fish.

My kids use VegLife Vegan Kids Multiples, which are also plant-based (not synthetic) and are high in B vitamins, which can sometimes be lacking in vegan diets.

My favorite way to get my supplements, though, is a vegan protein powder called Nutribiotic Rice Protein Spectrum Shake. It's non-GMO brown rice that is processed with plant enzymes, not chemicals. It contains a significant amount of not only protein -- 10g in just 62 calories -- but iron, calcium, B vitamins, aminos and more -- all in a spirulina base. I use it in my morning smoothies, and in my kids' smoothies, too. We add fruit and vanilla extract and cinnamon. (Sometimes we add spinach and call it a "Hulk Shake" LOL.)

Good luck!
  • vegangirl01060811
    Options
    That's all very helpful! Thank you! The Hulk shake is cute!