Best Concert Experience?

Options
heidiberr
heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
I saw The Dreaming Tree as an opener from the 4th row at Alpine Valley in 08----what are your best concert moments?

Replies

• dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I saw The Dreaming Tree as an opener from the 4th row at Alpine Valley in 08----what are your best concert moments?

gahhhhhhhhhh! lucky lady.

my best concert experience was different than my best concert.

Madison Square Garden -i think it was in 2003? Amazing setlist and at the end James Brown came on stage and was singing his songs with the band. The entire place was going crazy dancing and singing and there was confetti coming down from the ceiling. oh man, it was amazing
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

Madison Square Garden -i think it was in 2003? Amazing setlist and at the end James Brown came on stage and was singing his songs with the band. The entire place was going crazy dancing and singing and there was confetti coming down from the ceiling. oh man, it was amazing
    oh wow, this is a hard one..

The Polo fields at Golden Gate Park was a phenomenal concert/day. Santana played a few songs with Dave, including all along the watchtower.. that was effin awesome. Dave and Tim doing an acoustic set in Vegas was also one of the best for me, and I would also say the first Dave concert that I took my wife to. She had never been and it was like a kid at Christmas kind of thing, she was so e3xcited and in awe of it.
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Shawn, that concert at Golden Gate is my biggest regret. I had tickets but did not go, we had been to the Gorge the weekend prior to that and I just couldn't make it happen. I will never forgive myself for not trying harder to get there. That is by far my favorite live Trax cd, I can't imagine being there, must have been incredible.

I have been so fortunate to have seen some really amazing shows. I think the best moment of any show for me was at the Gorge in 2004. It was our first time being there, my best girlfriend, Todd (hubby) and I. We did not have seats so we were up on the hill, just taking it all in. That is by far the most gorgeous place to see a show. We were just overwhelmed with the fact that we were even there, after flying out there and buying camping gear when we got there. The beauty of the state itself was incredible and we just could not believe how cool it was that we were able to make it happen. We met this cool guy from CA sitting next to us who had brought some medicinal green with him that he shared with us. So, we are sitting there, the sun is almost set, and he comes out and blows my mind with the set list, hitting a bunch of my favorites: Pig, #41, One Sweet World, Hello Again. Then (this is the moment) , as the sun is completely down and it's finally dark he plays Satellite. Which has never been one of my favorites, but at that very moment in time, it was the most amazing thing I have ever heard. Especially since he had not been playing it live very much and I hadn't heard it in years. I was so captivated by the entire experience that it has stuck with me for all these years and I can close my eyes and just be there.

As far as best overall shows, I have been to a couple at Alpine that were frickin unbelievable. The crowd there is just amazing, definitely the best crowd of any venue I have ever been to. In 2004 he opened with Hello Again, into Granny and then #41. One of the most amazing combos. It was my friends first time at Alpine I know she was so amazed with the enthusiasm of the crowd and how everybody knows every word to every song.

I got the chance to see them twice at Red Rocks in 2005. That was the best summer, I saw 9 shows, all across the country while pregnant with my first daughter, Glory. One of them was a WEEK before I had her. I had been laid off from work and was getting umemployment so we just hit as many shows as we could. That is an incredible venue! Stand Up was probably my least favorite cd so it wasn't the best summer for set lists but I enjoyed the hell out of all the shows that I saw.

I also saw Dave and Tim when they were in Seattle. I don't know if you guys remember this but Dave had a discussion with the Dalai Lama and then Dave and Tim played their acoustic set afterwords. It was a very cool night. I also got to see one of the shows at Wrigley Field in 2010. When he played Grey Street that night it was so incredible.

So, like I said, I've been pretty lucky. I can't wait to have another best show I've ever been to experience!!!
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options

I was @ that one too, damn good show! :)

Saw Dave at Farm Aid in 2001 - for my 21st that was pretty sweet.

I think July 8 2006 - Fenway Park! :) My favorite ballpark and one great show.

I'm sure there are others, I just can't remember everything!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    this is hard.

A few that come to mind:

-1st Row - Dave & Tim at Santa Barbara Bowl. Dave shakes my hand, Tim gives me a guitar pick.

-Dave & Friends cruise in 2005 (or was it 2004?). Concert on the beach on a private island with HEAVY hurricane-type rain. Show was delayed - ended up being cut short. Band comes ON TO the boat (unannounced) a couple hours later and plays until 2am..

-August 19, 2008. Staples Center. The band plays on the day LeRoi dies. (ok, not a "best" experience, but it was magical to share the sad experience with the band and other fans who were just as sad as you). A few hours before the show, I was meeting up with friends at a nearby bar - hearing the rumors, not wanting it to be true....finally seeing confirmation on CNN on the bar's TV :(
  • dubist
    dubist Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Friday, December 2, 1994. Recreation Hall at UC Davis, Davis. Dave Mathews band opens for phish.
    what a show!!!!!
    My first Phish and Dave Matthews band show had a blast. only time i saw Dave Mathews band i have seen dave and tim 3 or 4 times since then. I have seen 47 phish shows so far.

Cater Buford is my favorite drummer of all time. he is freaking amazing.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    OMG.... I HAVE FOUND MY HEAVEN!! New to the group.... but I L-O-V-E DMB and Dave and Tim Reynolds. My husband and I watch the Live at Radio City Music Hall with Tim and Dave often. It is SO GOOD!! Love to see other Dave Fans!!!! Been to several concerts in Indiana, Virginia, and Nashville. LOVE HIM and THEM!
  • DMB14896
    Options

9-11-2003 in Hershey, I would pick a specific song, but the whole show was just amazing.

http://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=3345

That's the set list.

"Eat drink and be merry, but stay under your calories"...LOL :)