What do you do with your hair while working out?

Options
So when i go the gym, i sweat like no tomorrow. What do you do with your hair to keep it healthy while working out? my hair does not hold up!

Replies

• MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I wrap my hair with a silk scarf.. When I go to the salon to get it done, I get my hair rolled with very small rollers. When I work out I wrap it and I don't take it down until it has fully dried. Some days when I am in a hurry I will sit under the dryer for a few minutes on the highest setting and go..Also, I use kera care's oil sheen with humidfier blocker..Works wonders!
  • SalubriousGyrl
    SalubriousGyrl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Girl, i love that!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    what kind of products do you use?
  • SalubriousGyrl
    Options
    Aphrogee, cream of nature, olive and coco oil are my fav and much haves. No relaxer in 4 mos
  • fluffygoodness
    fluffygoodness Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I havent had a relaxer since December 2005 and I started rocking my natural hair in June 2008. Its usually in an afro puff in the warmer months when I can leave the house with wet hair. Cooler months, I have it flat twisted and right now its in kinky twists with some hair added. It definitely makes the after workout look easier :happy:
  • Joneisha07
    Options
    I keep it simple with a stretchy band puff or puff pony :)
  • califigureeight
    Options
    I just did small twists on my hair and am sitting under the dryer in flexi rods to give them some style. I'm hoping that it will last a week. If so, this will be my signature style for the month as I get back to exercising.

NeCole in Cali...I'm new here. Hi y'all!
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have locs so i usually pull them back in a ponytail. If I'm doing a light workout because I have somewhere to go afterwards,i clip them down and wear a headwrap. If I'm in serious workout mode then I let them down and let them go wild. It just all depends on my mood. If I dont sweat a lot I just spritz with water and let it dry naturally and then moisturize. I was it once a week when I'm going to the gum fulltime.
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have long locs and I just put them up in a ponytail and let them loose to air dry most times. Nothing special lol
  • SalubriousGyrl
    Options
    So i see alot of you have natural hair. I love it. I haven't had the courage to do the natural thang or do my big chop yet. But i believe it is coming soon! Thanks for posting!

Hi NeCole!

Don't forget to tell what product you use!
  • MrsRAW712
    MrsRAW712 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have locs about shoulder-length so I usually just put them in a low ponytail, and wear a headband to keep the shorter locs out of my face. I'm pretty simple when it comes to products b/c I don't like to have a lot going on on my head, but I mainly use coconut oil to moisturize.
  • divasoofly
    divasoofly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't do much. I usually roll out of bed so I still have my satin cap on. My hair isn't long enough for it to be a real problem. Sometimes I do like to put some type of conditioner on with a plastic cap and let it heat up from the heat of me exercising.
  • GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just put a band around my locs and afterwards let them air dry.
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple with a stretchy band puff or puff pony :)

That's exactly what I do.
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So i see alot of you have natural hair. I love it. I haven't had the courage to do the natural thang or do my big chop yet. But i believe it is coming soon! Thanks for posting!

Hi NeCole!

Don't forget to tell what product you use!

Hey!

I'm not NeCole, but I thought I would answer this anyway. There are the products that I swear by (after a year and a half of using these my hair is the longest it's ever been).

1. Shea butter
    2. Coconut oil
    3. Terressentials Organic Mud Shampoo (a little expensive actually).

I learned this all from this girl named Naptural85 off youtube (just one look at her hair and you have to believe what she's saying).

Best!

:-)
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i cut my hair off. all i have to do is brush it. when it was relaxed i put it in a ponytail or a wrap and wrapped my scarf around it. wouldn't take my scarf off until my hair was dry.
  • MsKRachl
    MsKRachl Posts: 6
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Save Your Do hairbands?? I wear a short relaxed pixie cut. It seems like all my sweat comes through the pores on my head. I really need some help. I would like to workout twice a day on some days but I don't because of my hair.
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just put it in a bun
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Nicole Ari Parker makes a gym-wrap for your hair to use while working out. I am thinking about trying it!
  • muziique
    muziique Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot too during my workouts. My hair is past my shoulders, thick and prone to getting really frizzy so I put it up in a high ponytail or bun to keep it away from my neck.

I'd like to try the Nicole Ari Parker gym wrap as well that someone else mentioned.