Made a decision

Options
I made a decision this morning and I can say I owe it to your helpfulness on this site.

After reviewing my notes from my visit with a WLS nutritionist last summer, I noticed she suggested I stay around 200-250 calories per meal, 5x a day. That is 1000-1200 cal/day. I was unable to do it at the time, but C1 is getting easier for me this week and I can now do it! I will continue to take my vitamins/minerals as directed and will attempt to begin exercising, which has always been a huge obstacle for me.

Here's my plan. I plan to try to stay on C1 for the remainder of December. I have not gone to C2. However, by doing this, I am going to allow myself to enjoy the 5 or 6 holiday meals that will be occurring and not worry or obsess about what I am doing. Eat the meal, go back to C1 for the next meal. C1 is really how I should be eating as a gastric bypass patient with some little extras permitted once in a while.

So that's my plan. I am hoping it will work. And if I want a little something something once in a while, I will allow myself to have it. I will reassess at the end of the month and decide whether to go to C2. The one thing I do plan to adhere to is eating any starches, fruits, before 2pm whenever possible and continue to have at least 1 probiotic per day.

Feedback?

Replies

• DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Decision accepted and duly noted. :happy:

It makes good sense and feels like you have destressed a bit already by having a workable plan.

For me, planning is everything to my success. I'm sure it will propel you towards yours as well!
  • icandothis6
    Options
    I definitely feel I have destressed. I am feeling very positive, at the moment, that this will work. Went to Cracker Barrel for lunch today with my manager and, instead of eating what I usually do, I had a salad. Chose the one I thought would be the best, asked for no croutons, ff dressing. I allowed myself 1/2 a corn muffin and only ate half the salad at lunch and the other half when I got home...I am calling it a snack! Now to look it up and see the calorie count...I am afraid it might be a lot higher than I thought, but felt it was the best option as their veggies, etc are all cooked in fat.
  • icandothis6
    Options
    Well, it was a good plan. But this month, at least the last part of it, has been a total bust! Besides the holidays, I came down with bronchitis and work was very stressful as was Xmas. I feel awful, am sleeping terribly, and am depressed. I wasn't feeling this way when I followed the plan, even though I wasn't really losing. Have been reading the boards on the 17 Day Diet Challenge, but quit because of all of the conflicting information. I get much more information here.

I have my grandchildren (triplet boys-age 6) overnight for New Year's Eve. After they leave...that is it! No more excuses! I have made a few foods and I am ready.

I am just tired of feeling bad!
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It's the new year... Let's get back on track. It's okay to digress and enjoy the holidays (I did!). Now we can enjoy getting back to normal.
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Agreed, getting back on track tomorrow