Navy Blue

Options

Replies

• NataLuz
    NataLuz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    irishkissesxx is volunteered to be a co captain!
    Thanks!
  • gainess
    gainess Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is preparing for the challenge we will face in the New Year! I'm superexcited and I'm ready to kick some FLAB!!! I'm already thinking of what my goals are, what obstacles I want to overcome and how I plan to do it... This will be my finally attempt at losing this weight and I will prevail & come out on top as the winner for good!! Planning to enjoy the holidays but I'm continuing to monitor my calories and workout so it won't be such a hard task the first of the year.. Actually I'm hoping to shed 3-5 lbs before the first of the year.. Happy Holidays to you all!!! Go NAVY BLUE TEAM!!! Wooohoooo!!!!

PS.. Thanks to our captain and co-captain.. You two will do great!!! Looking forward to your weekly challenges...
  • gainess
    Options
    Hope everyone is preparing for the challenge we will face in the New Year! I'm superexcited and I'm ready to kick some FLAB!!! I'm already thinking of what my goals are, what obstacles I want to overcome and how I plan to do it... This will be my finally attempt at losing this weight and I will prevail & come out on top as the winner for good!! Planning to enjoy the holidays but I'm continuing to monitor my calories and workout so it won't be such a hard task the first of the year.. Actually I'm hoping to shed 3-5 lbs before the first of the year.. Happy Holidays to you all!!! Go NAVY BLUE TEAM!!! Wooohoooo!!!!

PS.. Thanks to our captain and co-captain.. You two will do great!!! Looking forward to your weekly challenges...
  • RaeEG
    RaeEG Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am Rachel and I am looking forward to this challenge! It will be great to do this with a goup of people! I am from new Hampshire in the US. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and I hope to keep my motivation and exercise frequently In the new y!
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    Hi my name is mags (Margaret). I live in the south west of scotland. I'm really looking forward to this challenge, haven't had one in a while. Been really slacking through december so far and not logging much but i can assure you all as from 1st January I will be back with avengance.

I'm 42 years old, I do home caring looking after the elderly and love my job.

I am about 159lbs at the minute and hope to get down to atleast 140lbs. Not been that since before my daughter was born nearly 12 years ago. Have a new found love for exercise, especially zumba. Also try and do a bit of running and some other classes. Prefer classes to exercising on my own.

Looking forward to 2012.
  • travm2007
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I;m Travis and a 23 year old college student. I am excited to start this challenge as it is my first. Sorry for being so late with the intro I'm travelling the rest of December but will be home in January to be more active on the boards and in this challenge!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone :)

Make sure that you add Natalia and myself to your friends list if you haven't already.
  • NataLuz
    Options
    Hi Navy Blues,
    Please vote for the team name here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/NataLuz
  • gainess
    Options
    Hey Navy Blue Team... Hope everyone is gearing up for the big day... I'm ready and super excited... Think this will give me the motivation needed to get rid of this weight for good... How long does the challenge run??
  • gainess
    Options
    One other question are we going to set our goal weight?
  • NataLuz
    Options
    Challenge is from 1st of January till 27th of April. Goal weight… it is difficult to propose anything now. What do you think? I think we might want to have a goal weight by the end of the team challenge?
  • NataLuz
    Options
    Check the first team challenge here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/NataLuz
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Natalie the first team challenge is fantastic! Looking forward to 2012! I tried burpees today also for the fist overall challenge. Those will be tough. I log all my exercise but do not log house cleaning etc... I figure chasing after and cleaning up after 5 kids hasn't helped me lose any weight so far:) I'm just getting back on track and looking forward to a good loss next week. I have lost 11 pounds through the month of December. Happy New Years everyone!
  • gainess
    Options
    I'm loving the first challenge! Can't wait to get started... This is going to be the motivation I need to reach my goals.. Let's all be there for each other and we can WIN and DO this!!! Lookout 2012 because here I come!!!! Woohooo!!! Gooooo Navy Blues!!
  • grasshoppermegan
    Options
    Let's go team! We can do this! Looking forward to getting to know you all and supporting each other in this challenge! Happy New Year! And Happy challenge start!
  • NataLuz
    Options
    Thank you guys! Happy and Healthy New Year! Let’s kick some flab!
  • NataLuz
    Options
    @ wren176 Nice loss in December! I leave it up to you what activity to log in, but I agree that it should be an additional (to your everyday life) activity. I’ve tried burpees today, managed 10. It is heavy… But hard work is required to be fabulous, it is worth it!
  • gainess
    Options
    Navy Blue Team Roll Call!!!! Hey it's been wayyy too quiet around here!! Are we all here?!!?!?! What have you done so far since the challenge started on Jan 1st to ensure that you be successful at your goal?!?!? I'm ready to sing na na na na hey hey hey goodbyyyyyeeee to this weight!!!! How about you????

What I've done to ensure I be successful:
    1. Claimed it
    2. Wrote down my goals
    3. Taking action (working out and transitioning my eating)

Let's go Navy Blue Team... Jan 13th will be here before we know it.. Let's win the 1st challenge!!
  • NataLuz
    Options
    Hi,
    I am still searching for the best way of talking to the team. We have now this thread, the blog and the news feed. So far, I think the combination of the news feed (best response) and the blog (convenient format) works well, but I am open for suggestions.
    Good idea to write down your goals, actually the SMART goals. I am going to do in the weekend (need time to sit and think about it), as well as I will take a picture to monitor the progress.
  • gainess
    Options
    I think posting the blog on the news feed is great! You are doing a great job! I'm hoping everyone gets to communicating more.. I think it'll be the key to our success as a team over all!! Gooooo Navy Blues!!! Thanks for all you do!! :-)