New Here!

Options
Hi Mommas!

I am new to MFP and have a 3 month old son! I am desperately looking for some accountability on losing this baby weight! I am 22, so a fairly young mom & I stay at home with my little one. Just a little background-my hubby and I were in a serious car wreck 4 years ago which left me with HUGE injuries including a crushed pelvis. As a result I gained a TON of weight. I used this injury to hide behind my weight and have never lost what I gained. Now with a baby, it's time to lose it once and for all. I am currently at 182 and would LOVE to get back to my normal weight of 125-130. So, any tips and encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Sorry it took so long to reply. Holiday weekend and all :) But I will and I am sure the group will help you out. Keep you accountable for all you do and help you keep pushing, feel free to add me! And Welcome!!
  • Abott715
    Options
    Hello! Congratulations on making the commitment and welcome. I was an at home mom for a long time, I wish I could be again. First and foremost how are you feeling? I know it can get lonely at home. I will be an at home mommy for the next 12 weeks or so if all goes well. If you would like, I would love to help you. I know I am not YOUNG anymore but I had my first son when I was 20 so I have been sort of were you are. Friend request me if you'd like or we can just chat from the group. Talk to you soon.
  • E11eLu
    E11eLu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Im not a young mum any more either with my youngest now being 4, but I had my eldest at 21, but... young mum or an old hand, caring for and loving our babies to bits is universal :) However I have also decided that its time I started loving myself a bit too and shed the pesky kilos that are still attached to my butt lol.

Im looking forward to supporting and gaining support from other mummies who are keen to do the same!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    awe touching story you are so blessed to be alive and now are wanting to be healthy how amazing , and well im a young mommy to def with you there me you and cici and well great group to join so motivational and inspiring ...