Hope for the new year

Options
I thought it might be good to start off with new year's resolutions. Mine are not the typical "I want to lose 30 lbs this year," although those are there in the back of my mind. I mostly just want to be more consistent in my exercise this year - last year I tended to get sidetracked every time I would get sick. So my goal for this year is to have an escape plan. I need some tips for what to do when I DO get sick - how do I get back on the wagon?

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get sick I have found that a little low intensity exercise is a good thing, but I know some people can hardly more when a bug gets them.

I think the key is to form the good habits while you are healthy, so it is second nature to you to jump back in when you feel better. I can't stand to miss even a day of exercise anymore.
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My hope for the New Year, is to get off my *kitten*! :laugh: :laugh: I broke my leg in January of last year and was bed ridden for 6 months. I was very active, Zumba instructor, rode, groomed, could hike all day; but now my body as gotten very used to the non-active life style.

Shooting for 30lbs, but would LOVE 50lbs gone! But more importantly, I want to be that healthy person I was before I got hurt.

Feel free to friend me and give me a hard time about my food diary. Nothing is sacred. If I screw up, I will admit it.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Seeing as this is a forum for horse lovers as well as fitness, I'd love to be able to ride again. I don't know anyone who keeps horses around here and we sure can't afford them anymore, but one never knows, and I'll keep an eye out for a chance to ride. I'd love to have my teenage body back, too. The one I had before we lost our horses. The one that mucked stalls and hauled water buckets and hay and oats and then went riding and did it all over again the next day.

I'm not even sure I knew what 'tired' was back then!
  • shadytrake
    shadytrake Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want to look good, feel good, and have my flexibility back! I hated seeing my last show photo with my fat face and butt. I want to get rid of my double chin.
  • LovelyBay
    Options
    My hope for the new year is to lose weight so that I feel good about myself! I want to start riding more, and I want to look good for my engagement and wedding pictures!