2 Skyrim's, 1 Telly

Options
My roomie got Skyrim for PS3 because in his ongoing crusade against my 360, which he feels is inferior, he wont play the 360.

Theres only one flatscreen, and hes now addicted. Now playing time is decided by a round of Super Smash Bros brawl or me going "whatever dude, i'm going to the gym" or just practicing.

In comparison, i see no difference between the PS3 version and the 360 version, both are damn near identical.

Also, my mond could barely process this...he plays in 3rd person :|

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the PS3 is graphically a smidge better.....but not that noticeable, it's all about what exclusives you want with the system I guess.

Skyrim in 3rd person?? Can't do it! LOL I play it on my laptop.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am having Skyrim withdrawals.

Sorry your roommate is being stupid over a console though!
  • david581c
    Options
    PS3 could be better, tho im probably legally blind so im a horrible judge on that.

Dude,...just got in from doing laundry late @ night, he's still going full blast. This is at least a 6hr sesh and counting. I could go to sleep to the sounds of him leveling up and opening another Mountain Dew soda.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I've been there and done that LOL....but I was like 12 playing Final Fantasy IV when it first came out as Final Fantasy II on the SNES. LOL.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I usually prefer 3rd person games but on Fallout and Skyrim (or Oblivion for that matter) it just does not work at all. The character just floats around.

When I first got Skyrim I might have played it for over 24 hours in total over the first weekend..... I haven't touched it in days now so I know I can put it down. I don't think of it at all.....I could stop whenever I want......maybe......
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thank god my bf and I both got it for PC so we can play simultaneously I think there would have been some unrest if we had to battle to play lol
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm currently watching my boyfriend play as we have 1 Xbox, 1 TV, 1 skyrim. He's totalled nearly 23 hours since Christmas day, I've managed 2 :( I just wanna play it for myself! & third person sucks on this game, it doesn't look right...
  • TyneeKitty
    Options
    Same problem but 1 skyrim, 1 xbox, 1 telly. Which is fine until I want to play skyrim or wii fit and he's on skyrim. I play in 3rd person as i keep missing things if i play 1st person
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    This is why me and my bf have 2 tv's and 2 xbox's...otherwise I'm not sure how the argument would end :')
  • ehsquared
    Options
    I out play my hubby for sure. But I am going through withdrawals right now as our Xbox has internally combusted and no longer works. Apparently I need a new one according to Microsoft haha

Guess it couldn't handle the 86 hours played on Skyrim
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend originally pre-ordered it for himself for PC. I knew nothing about the Elder Scrolls series. But when it came, he was at work.

So I was like, "Okay, I'll install it for him." Which changed to, "The graphics look neat, maybe I'll try making a character."

...And then I binged the heck out of it.
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    Okay this was a first, we both were chillin out. Recovering from respective chipotle burrito coma's. Then it happened.

w/o noticing each other and Skyrim on the brain, we both reach forward -- he grabs his PS3 control and i grab my 360 control....showdown!

Round 1: Fight!
    Paper rock scissor duel! Winner take all, one hand roulette.
    Literally three straight draws. Paper. Scissor. Paper.

Round 2: Fight!
    Pushup contest
    Me: 51
    Him: 24

K.O.!!!

But he had a ****ty day w/ his baby mama drama so i gracefully stepped aside and let him play, i got some good Skyrim in last night.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    As someone who owns both a PS3 and a 360, I definitely favor the PS3 as a system. However, there's not much difference in individual games between the 360 and the PS3. Although I can understand why a PS3 gamer would want to keep playing it on the PS3, to keep up with the trophies.

I'm on hour 120 now, and luckily the gf has been very patient with my Skyrim addiction. I'm happy to say that except for the first week I had it, it hasn't stood in the way that much of my fitness.
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    Then ur a saint.

Hes eased up on his skyrim...baba mama drama.
    But im moving out soon so ill be able to be a skyrim freak again!