Happy New Year!!!!

Options
It will be so wonderful to check back here a year from now and see what we have all accomplished! I expect many of us to be at goal and continuing to strive for a healthier and stronger body. I would love to wear a slinky little black dress for next year's celebrations!

Replies

• imatex
    imatex Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would like something shiny and sparkly. :smile:
  • Janice0711
    Janice0711 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yes! We all need to post photos this time next year! ;0)
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I look silly in a little black dress, but I'm hoping to be at my target weight and maintaining!
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    How about a slim suit Pete? Or you can wear the the slinky black dress just for giggles!
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I plan on forcing one of my kids to take a photo of me each month, starting tomorrow! My hope is that in December of 2012 I can post before and after pics like so many people have. Those photos are very inspiring to me!
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I would love to wear a skinny black dress next year! I thought that I was doing so great this year.. went to try on some dresses.. and, well, it wasn't what I had thought. :( So, I AM thinner--just not where I need to be. I have been off MFP thru the Holidays.. and I am back ON!! Happy New Year to you all--

Lets all shoot for the skinny black dress--- or your variation of-- for 2012.
  • shunyata13
    shunyata13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone! My goal is to look good in renaissance clothing by the Fall. In our area they have a lovers weekend where the 'pope' will marry you or renew your vows. We will be married for 40 years around the time of the faire and we thought it would be fun to renew our vows renaissance style. I am just starting to make our outfits. Hubby is going to be a pirate dressed in his finery and I am going to be an female asassin. I am making hubby's costume first since he isn't the one loosing weight and I will start mine sometime in June. One of my clients even brought me an ostrich feather from the 1800's in black which will look great with our pirate hats.
  • samantha1953
    Options
    Sounds so fun! What state are you in? My husband and I used to go to the Michigan Renfest all the time when we lived downstate. We went to a little one up here but it wasn't very good. I have my outfit, just can't fit into it. That's a great NSV! You're going to look great. Post pictures!!! Almost 40 years! Congrats!
  • kt4ever
    kt4ever Posts: 18
    Options
    I plan on staying on this plan, eat healthier, keep swimming and riding my bike. Haven't worn a dress on many many years. I want to be comfortable in my body again. I turn 60 next month, SIXTY! I was a skinny 28 year old just a few years ago!!! Lost 13" so far! Still a long way to go!
  • shunyata13
    shunyata13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    We live in CT and the big faire in the Fall is in Hebron. They have it running for several weekends complete with jousting, men in kilts contests, various 1/2 hr shows, etc. There is another faire in Guilford in the Spring and we may go to that just to see how we make out wearing our respective swords and daggers. My husband has a friend that invited us to their wedding which was in Dec. a few years ago. They rented a huge tent and did the entire event in the Renaissance theme. We had Celtic Dancers, jugglers, fireworks, even the dogs were dressed up! It was a great way to do a second marriage. They even put up greenery along the bars above our eating area to make it look like you were eating at the round table during the holidays in good old midieval England. Everyone had a great time!
  • samantha1953
    Options
    Sounds like so much fun. We love Celtic Music. Our favorite! My husband and I both have Scottish in our background and I have Irish too along with my Native American Roots. Ahhh, variety is the spice of life!